50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Filing of I-693

Hello...i recently filed I-140 in vermont and now i am preparing to file I-485 as visas are available for employment based for my country. My question would be, my wife Karen, is on H4, she will fall under my application. Must she also go for medicals. I have read ins site but they make no mention of whether spouses of aplicants require medicals as well. Through talking with someone he said that his wife who held H4 status did not have to go through medicals however he had to prepare a separate I485 for her and employment authorization (EAD)
    Please advise if this correct or if anyone is a similar situation. Really appreciated, David

Hello...i recently filed I-140 in vermont and now i am preparing to file I-485 as visas are available for employment based for my country. My question would be, my wife Karen, is on H4, she will fall under my application. Must she also go for medicals. I have read ins site but they make no mention of whether spouses of aplicants require medicals as well. Through talking with someone he said that his wife who held H4 status did not have to go through medicals however he had to prepare a separate I485 for her and employment authorization (EAD)
    Please advise if this correct or if anyone is a similar situation. Really appreciated, David

dependent wife and & children included in the med exam if filing for I-485.There are some waivers though but i guess you will encounter RFE and might delay the processing.Med results are valid for one year anyway.

Bugsy..thanks for your response. What is RFE ?
    So should my wife go with me for the medical exam ?

RFE means request for further evidence.This happens when you file application to INS and have not submitted what is required or if INS wants to know more details like latest paystub,W-2,certificate of employment.in your case, since you are filing for I-485,medical exams are required and therefore you will be ask to submit these documents signed by an INS designated doctor.

your wife should have medical exam, yes.

Thanks bugsy.....really appreciate all your answers, You are doing wonderful work on this board