free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: waiver after being removed under an order of supervision

This is a question regarding the waiver l need to apply to come back to US. My ex-husband and l were deported from US based on the denial of our political asylum. We fought all the way with the immigration court system, and failed. In the meantime my ex-husband, we were still married at the time, was waiting for his labour certification to be processed, as a chef. Our marriage ended when l found out he had an affair and a child was born as a result of it. We were still leaving in the same apartment, and didn't get legally divorced until we came back in our home country,Albania. He was the only one detained, l was released under an order of supervision and regularly reported to ICE until l made my travel arrangemens. While l was in US l met a wonderful man who was devasted by my story, and truly fell in love with me for who l was. He wants to come and visit me here in Albania and has proposed marriage. We're still daing at the moment, and l don't want to rush into any hasty decisions. As much as l want to come back to US, l resided there for 11 years, l still want to be with this guy for the right reasons and not just for the green card. We have a lot in common, our profession, our past, our religion,etc. If we were to get married in Albania, he is a US citizen, and it's very costly for him to travel back and forth, since he's got to take care of his daughter from his previous marriage. What do we do first, file the I-130, then the waiver, does he need to submitt a letter with my waiver? Also when l left US last year, l wasn't able to pay off all my credit cards, l had excellent credit in the past, now my credit is ruined, will that play a role when l apply for my waiver? Please, only helpful comments, l really appreciate it.

This is a question regarding the waiver l need to apply to come back to US. My ex-husband and l were deported from US based on the denial of our political asylum. We fought all the way with the immigration court system, and failed. In the meantime my ex-husband, we were still married at the time, was waiting for his labour certification to be processed, as a chef. Our marriage ended when l found out he had an affair and a child was born as a result of it. We were still leaving in the same apartment, and didn't get legally divorced until we came back in our home country,Albania. He was the only one detained, l was released under an order of supervision and regularly reported to ICE until l made my travel arrangemens. While l was in US l met a wonderful man who was devasted by my story, and truly fell in love with me for who l was. He wants to come and visit me here in Albania and has proposed marriage. We're still daing at the moment, and l don't want to rush into any hasty decisions. As much as l want to come back to US, l resided there for 11 years, l still want to be with this guy for the right reasons and not just for the green card. We have a lot in common, our profession, our past, our religion,etc. If we were to get married in Albania, he is a US citizen, and it's very costly for him to travel back and forth, since he's got to take care of his daughter from his previous marriage. What do we do first, file the I-130, then the waiver, does he need to submitt a letter with my waiver? Also when l left US last year, l wasn't able to pay off all my credit cards, l had excellent credit in the past, now my credit is ruined, will that play a role when l apply for my waiver? Please, only helpful comments, l really appreciate it.

Mike, thank you very much, this helps a lot. I was afraid l was going to be attacked by hurtful comments, by Someone 12, or Sundevil. I still might, but it's good to know that there's honest members on this board who understand real dramatic issues and try to help in any way they can.

Someone12
    yea sure....another marriage "for love.." and how is this philanthropic village idiot supposed to prove 'extreme hardship' when you two have zero children together, you don't support him financially,etc.....yea, I'll bet this is a 'true' marriage, about to the extent that mike-2007 has an IQ above 75.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    yea sure....another marriage "for love.." and how is this philanthropic village idiot supposed to prove 'extreme hardship' when you two have zero children together, you don't support him financially,etc.....yea, I'll bet this is a 'true' marriage, about to the extent that mike-2007 has an IQ above 75..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, this was a really helpful post? Doesn't everyone agree? Not!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone12
    much more helpful than yours...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Now, this was a really helpful post? Doesn't everyone agree? Not!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree Proud...You can HEAR the huge amount of KINDNESS in the voices of some of these <span class="ev_code_BLUE">CHARACTERS too!</span> It amazes me!
    God Bless America ! Love IT ....or LEAVE it !

Someone12
    why be kind to a visa cheat? To a sham marriage practitioner? These people just want to scam their way into the US and then start scamming more undeserved benefits from hard working taxpaying Americans....sorry, but I have no soft spot in my heart for such individuals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    why be kind to a visa cheat? To a sham marriage practitioner? These people just want to scam their way into the US and then start scamming more undeserved benefits from hard working taxpaying Americans....sorry, but I have no soft spot in my heart for such individuals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm!! Isn't that is why we complete I-864

Hey Someone12...I don't know abut you, but I'm a victim here as well. I have been cheated, scammed, stolen from, lied to ... as well, by my now ex-husband who is presently illegal, and I'm not happy about it At All!! He is/was a true con-artist and sociopath!! A real winner!! Talk about loosing nearly everything ! No...I don't have any 'soft spot' in my heart either ~ not for people like that...no way, no how! And, just for the record... I'm not trying to be vindictive about his being here in the USA...I am a good, fair and honest person. HE is a true 'user' and abuser, and for the past four years I have been IN contact with USCIS who either doesn't have the manpower to do anything OR they just don't seem to care! So now he's here ~ he's remarried ~ and a minister ...IF he could do something MORE to be "permitted" to stay here, I guarantee he would have done it by now!

The point I'm trying to make here is that people shouldn't be so cruel to others...and now that I look at this particular post...this wasn't bad at all ~ I saw several others (while flipping through the posts) and it just amazes me how people, in general, seem to enjoy such name-calling & tearing others apart! That's all.

why be kind to a visa cheat? To a sham marriage practitioner? These people just want to scam their way into the US and then start scamming more undeserved benefits from hard working taxpaying Americans....sorry, but I have no soft spot in my heart for such individuals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    God Bless America ! Love IT ....or LEAVE it !