publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: a case of WINNING against INS but....

hello everyone, (this is a repost)
    I am an International graduate student, being reported of working off-campus for one month after Hurricane Rita affecting my campus and life and I actually won that case in my local INS court at Neworleans.But the problem is that the Judge has petitioned me in the Board of Appeals against the court order.My attorney says that it will take another 9 months before it comes before the BOA and I have been trying to relive every moment of my life with the same vigour and vitality as every student with dreams of coming to USA does but this case still being in a limbo is literally burning me down.My attorney says that he can win the case refering similar cases who worked off-campus for sustenance (and have actually won)due to some financial crisis which occured to me in the form of spending during Hurricane,cyclone affecting our Agricultural Income back home.Can anyone help me find similar cases and what will be the fate of my case from your personal experience.Answers from the Expertise and virtuoso in this field are welcome.

hello everyone, (this is a repost)
    I am an International graduate student, being reported of working off-campus for one month after Hurricane Rita affecting my campus and life and I actually won that case in my local INS court at Neworleans.But the problem is that the Judge has petitioned me in the Board of Appeals against the court order.My attorney says that it will take another 9 months before it comes before the BOA and I have been trying to relive every moment of my life with the same vigour and vitality as every student with dreams of coming to USA does but this case still being in a limbo is literally burning me down.My attorney says that he can win the case refering similar cases who worked off-campus for sustenance (and have actually won)due to some financial crisis which occured to me in the form of spending during Hurricane,cyclone affecting our Agricultural Income back home.Can anyone help me find similar cases and what will be the fate of my case from your personal experience.Answers from the Expertise and virtuoso in this field are welcome.

Not to be picky, but INS ceased to exist quite some time ago.
    If you are looking for specific cases, I would suggest FindLaw or Westlaw / LexisNexis. Bear in mind both Westlaw and LexisNexis are not free of charge if you access them from home, but they are available for free from law libraries in courthouses.

thank you really for the reply.I have been in a limbo for the past one year.I wish some one help me push forward in the case.It's the prosecutor who filed against me in the BOA and its the DHS dealing with my case.How can I find similar cases of success in the past which would aid my attorney in arguing in the next hearing at BOA?.I wish someone post me the exact details of such cases with much speicificity and also express their opinion about the chances of winning from their OWN past experiences.