publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: how can i get a copy of my J1 visa, urgent help, please!!

i lost my passport years ago, my interview is soon coming up, and i dont have a copy of my J1 visa, but i do have an official copy of my I-94!
    Will it be a problem not having the copy of the J1??
    I keep trying to get in touch with the Embassy, no response:-( any idea how to get a copy of my J1 visa???
    and again, is I-94 enought at the interview?

i lost my passport years ago, my interview is soon coming up, and i dont have a copy of my J1 visa, but i do have an official copy of my I-94!
    Will it be a problem not having the copy of the J1??
    I keep trying to get in touch with the Embassy, no response:-( any idea how to get a copy of my J1 visa???
    and again, is I-94 enought at the interview?

Have you try to go to or call your embassy in here and ask for your report of your J1 visa?

bianca1,

How did you try to contact your embassy? by phone or...? Maybe you can try going to your embassy website. Embassy website is always have facilities or access for their people by online.

When you came to US with J1 visa, do you have your DHS 2019 with you? If you do, do you still have it now?

Hello Everyone,
    thanks for all the replies. i did email them, i got an answer back today, i contacted the Embassy in my country, they simply said : THEY CANT . as for why they didnt explain all they said was they they unable. thats ridiculous they telling me to turn to DHS. i got my visa in MY country for god sake, they should be able to have a copy of it, am i right??? what can DHS do????
    all i have is the copy of my I-94, which i got in this country so i was able to get a copy of that.
    what to do??????????:-(((
    and again I-94 wont be enough ???

Bianca, I think the Embassy said no because you may have to go there in person to obtain a J1 visa stamp. They may be the only ones that can stamp your passport.

If you have lost the DS-2019 I believe you can obtain a replacement for that.
    Saying that, I believe from what I read was that the J1 visa is not valid without the DS-2019 attached to the passport.

I thought the J1 stamp was really only for the use of being able to re-enter the US with, isn't the DS-2019 more important for you here?

I agree you should have obtained a new passport when you lost yours years ago. I would apply for a new one as soon as possible through your country' consulate in this country.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

i do have a police report, and i do have a new passport. i got a copy of my I-94 thank god, but it only says valid for duration of status.
    im only trying to get a copy of my visa somehow. but the american embassy in my country is not helpful at all, theyre telling me that they are simply not able to give it to me. than who is????

When you filed the application, didn't you have to have copy of all passport pages with VISA's ?

A copy might be in your packet. I am sure if you show up at interview and they ask for it and you don't have it.. they will have a solution for you to follow.
    "Being all fashioned of the self-same dust let us be merciful as well as just"
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow