50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Immigration Fraud

I am very pro-immigrant, and I am greatly upset by the recent increase in immigration raids throughout the country. When I read the horror stories surrounding the recent arrests in Iowa, I get really sad and angry at the same time. We are tearing apart families. Yet, I am concerned about immigration fraud and wondered if anyone else is aware of this problem.

I just read the new book "Legal US Immigration: Truth, Fraud and the American Way" by Adam Edward Rothwell, an immigration lawyer, and I couldn't believe how much fraud there is in the system. And the book's website (www.immigrationisamess.com ) says it all. Between the recent raids, the fear in immigrant communities, the screwed up processing times, fraud and ridiculous delays- This is all a huge mess.

I am very pro-immigrant, and I am greatly upset by the recent increase in immigration raids throughout the country. When I read the horror stories surrounding the recent arrests in Iowa, I get really sad and angry at the same time. We are tearing apart families. Yet, I am concerned about immigration fraud and wondered if anyone else is aware of this problem.

I just read the new book "Legal US Immigration: Truth, Fraud and the American Way" by Adam Edward Rothwell, an immigration lawyer, and I couldn't believe how much fraud there is in the system. And the book's website (www.immigrationisamess.com ) says it all. Between the recent raids, the fear in immigrant communities, the screwed up processing times, fraud and ridiculous delays- This is all a huge mess.

Hi Dave,

Welcome to ILW! I have the perfect thread for you to read. Will be back in a second with the link.

Here you go. By the way, there are many of us here who share your same thoughts. Stick around!!

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/47510091341

I'd agree with that mostly, that's why there's an urgent need for an Immigration Reform Act. Unfortunately, the country seems to be in an anti-Immigrant mode right now. Anything vaguely pro-immigrant is seen as a "bad thing" in general public circles.

Maybe once a new President is elected and the US is out of recession, it will change?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Here you go. By the way, there are many of us here who share your same thoughts. Sick around!!

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/47510091341 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't tell you enough how much I enjoy staying out of politics !
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Boy is here promoting the book, not seeking any advice. The web site address provided doesn't have much other than to sell a book.
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveBusta:

I just read the new book "Legal US Immigration: Truth, Fraud and the American Way" by Adam Edward Rothwell, an immigration lawyer, and I couldn't believe how much fraud there is in the system. And the book's website (www.immigrationisamess.com ) says it all. Between the recent raids, the fear in immigrant communities, the screwed up processing times, fraud and ridiculous delays- This is all a huge mess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello DaveBusta

Are you Pro Illegal as well as being pro immigrant? There is a difference in case you didnt know. Please do not confuse the two terms as the media is trying to confuse the public by printing terms like Anti immigrant sentiment, when in fact it is Anti Illegal sentiment.

I dont know what you are trying to say here, you sound confused.. You seem upset about fraud, yet you express "tearing apart families" when speaking about the raids. I will assume you are speaking about where both illegal parents had a child/children on usa soil. How did you say that the raids tear families apart again? The raids are targeting Illegal workers where fraud was used to get into the usa from bypassing the legal process of immigrating to the USA. Did you say you were concerned about fraud?

So which is it, where is your stand?

Why are the processing times screwed up? Are you speaking about because of the last "Amnesty" processing of the illegals that is partly responsible for the original backups?

Huge mess you say?

Now I know you are here promoting this book , but it is surprising that you did not make a link to get yourself paid for visiting the site.

@Brito4

Country is not in an anti immigrant mode. The country is in an anti=illegal mode. The spin behind the scenes are using the media to twist/interchange the word IMMIGRANT to try confuse the issue. Americans have no problems with intending immigrants coming in a legal way.

IMO, CIR should not address the illegals. It should take care of problems that involve legal immigrants and processing problems. When these issues are fixed and addressed, then they can take a look at what they want to do about the illegals. Illegal issues should not be piggybacking in legal immigration issues. If they want CIIR(Illegal), then make a bill specifically for that. CIR should only deal with legal immigration issues. Only then we we see progress on these reforms.