50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130/I-485 in Boston

Local filing instructions for Boston specify that all applications filed with the I-130/I-485 would be sent to the Chicago National Benefits Center. Has anyone filed after 2/13/2004 and received a receipt from the National benefits Center? Did the receipt include a timeline? What's the wait...6-9months before AOS interview or longer...?

Local filing instructions for Boston specify that all applications filed with the I-130/I-485 would be sent to the Chicago National Benefits Center. Has anyone filed after 2/13/2004 and received a receipt from the National benefits Center? Did the receipt include a timeline? What's the wait...6-9months before AOS interview or longer...?

Are you saying it's not Vermont Service Center anymore?
    Sweet Madame Belu

I will try to find the address of website I accidentaly visited sometime ago.
    It is entirely dedicated to I-130/I-485, and people share their experiences/knowledge etc.

Hopefully you get answer before I update you.
    In any case I will try to find it.

Good luck

The website E. is referring to is:

http://www.kamya.com/aos/massachusetts.html

It takes about 6-8 months to get AOS interview at Boston.

Good Luck

hello!

this our experience with NBC.

we filed our I-130/I-485/I-765 last Dec 2003 in Denver. we were told the applications will be sent to National Benefits Center (NBC) in Missouri. we received notices of action (NOA) on Jan 2004.

the NOA for I-765 gave us information on how to schedule appointment for BIOMETRICS. i already did this in a local Application Support Center (ASC).

since we forgot to include the $50 fee for fingerprint. the I-485 NOA instructed us to send the payment to a BCIS office in Chicago Illinois (P.O. Box 805877).
    then after a week, we got another I-485 NOA that instructs us to schedule a fingerprint appointment.

what i know is that most marriage based applications (filed in local BCIS offices) are now sent to NBC-Missouri for initial processing. adjudication of AOS is still done in local BCIS where you reside (so processing time depends on local BCIS office).

and in case a particular fee is not submitted together with the applications, the payment should be sent to a BCIS office in Chicago for payment processing (like what we have experienced) and not to NBC-Missouri.

i hope this helps.

PCR has it right - I-130/I-485s should still be filed to the local district CIS offfice with jurisdiction over the couple's home address (it's always been this way - you never filed I-130/I-485s to one of the original four regional service centers, only employment-based cases and certain other petitions). The local district office now forwards to the Missouri center (this part is new within the last eight months or so). This has helped speed up parts of the processing a bit - EADs and Paroles come through a little quicker, as do fingerprint appointments. You would only send everything to Chicago if you actually live in that office's jurisdiction.

hello!
    you may find this website useful. it has info about GC based on marriage and how AOS applications are being processed once transferred to National Benefits Center (NBC)- Missouri.

http://www.mnllp.com/enginfoFAMIV.html