free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship n400 application questions? Please help

Hello, i have a few questions that i am trying to figure out what is going on with my N400 Applicatio. Anyways let me explain the story to what happend and maybe i can get some help from you all and i would really appriciate that.

ohh and i have passed all tests, done all finger prints and interviews

okay its been 2 and half yars now, i was arrested and accused for theft 3rd. Anyways this happend just as i applied and almost got it but than this incident happend and screwed up everything.. So i payed all my fines wich were 700 dollars and 11 months of Prohbation which i completed with no problems or anything like that.. now its been over 2 and half years, they dinied my first try than i payed another 300 someting dollars to appeal it and stuff.. anyways all charges droped the judge said there shouldent be no problem he asked me to go and get a copy of form the court that showed all charges droped.. however i still havent heard a reall decision from the INS yet? What could happen? Is this bad, what am i expected to do.. i am 21 and i've never been in trouble before am good kid, just graduated form college and stuff and i mean everybody does some thing in their life time and that was for me . Than later i got a paper that said "There is no appeal to this decion however 8 CFR 336.9 provides procedures for requesting a judical review of final determiation on application for naturilization. and also said It is the decsion of the Service that your appeal be dismissed without prejudice"

Please let me know and give me any advice that i need to know..
    thank you very much

Hello, i have a few questions that i am trying to figure out what is going on with my N400 Applicatio. Anyways let me explain the story to what happend and maybe i can get some help from you all and i would really appriciate that.

ohh and i have passed all tests, done all finger prints and interviews

okay its been 2 and half yars now, i was arrested and accused for theft 3rd. Anyways this happend just as i applied and almost got it but than this incident happend and screwed up everything.. So i payed all my fines wich were 700 dollars and 11 months of Prohbation which i completed with no problems or anything like that.. now its been over 2 and half years, they dinied my first try than i payed another 300 someting dollars to appeal it and stuff.. anyways all charges droped the judge said there shouldent be no problem he asked me to go and get a copy of form the court that showed all charges droped.. however i still havent heard a reall decision from the INS yet? What could happen? Is this bad, what am i expected to do.. i am 21 and i've never been in trouble before am good kid, just graduated form college and stuff and i mean everybody does some thing in their life time and that was for me . Than later i got a paper that said "There is no appeal to this decion however 8 CFR 336.9 provides procedures for requesting a judical review of final determiation on application for naturilization. and also said It is the decsion of the Service that your appeal be dismissed without prejudice"

Please let me know and give me any advice that i need to know..
    thank you very much

I think what's critical there was the timing of your N-400 application and your commission of the offense (theft). It appeared to the USCIS that you have withheld the information while trying to gain citizenship, hence, your application has been denied. But the dismissal of your appeal is without prejudice meaning you can re-file Form N-400 and be very honest this time around. I recommend that you seek professional advice, it may cost you some but it's sure worth it in the end.

(Just an opinion based on limited info given, so take it or leave it).

thanks for your reply i appricieat it...

anybody else have anything any comments please do let me know anything

thanks

Berti_OO, I am Sorry to hear that. From your explanation you have not met the burden of Good Moral Character as per INS Standards. I am surprise you have not been ARRESTED by INS. Instead your case has been dismissed. Now you must now wait five years before applying again, no more problems stay clean and also consult with a an attorney skilled in this matter. Good Luck. "GOD IS IN CHARGE." Speedy...

hey speedy thank you very much for your post, i appriciate it a lot... but yeah, am all clean now ALL charges Droped and stuff... i as well have heard that if you do something than you have to wait 5 years its been alomst 3 years for me now but would it be possible to get it earlier since all charges were Droped and stuff... also like the paper stated ""There is no appeal to this decion however 8 CFR 336.9 provides procedures for requesting a judical review of final determiation on application for naturilization"""

thanks

berti_00, I think this information "There is no appeal to this decion however 8 CFR 336.9 provides procedures for requesting a judical review of final determiation on application for naturilization" means you should file a case now in the Federal Court that have juristiction over you area, where you live and for you to have a Federal Judge make a determination on your Naturalization Application. But before doing this my suggestion is to consult with a Lawyer skilled in this sort of Immigration Cases...God Bless!!!!Speedy

hey thanks speedy, i have an appointment this week at the immigrant office so we'll see what they tell me?

Define dropped. Absolute Discharge? Conditional Discharge? Diversion Program? Any sentence either suspended or imposed? Was it a misdemeanor or a felony? How long have you been an LPR?

If you paid a fine and served probation it likely counts as a conviction for immigration purposes. The good moral character is probably out the window so the citizenship application probably won't go anywhere for 5 years after the conviction.

Hi everyone,

I am really new here! I was granted a 212(c) waiver on Sep 18th, 2006 and even renewed my green card after that with no problems. My lawer and the judge both told me that I would have no problem filing for citizenship but advised me to wait a few months before I do that. I applied in March (27th to be exact) and my friend applied 2 weeks after me and he is already going for his oath ceremony. I still havent heard anything for the interview. I went for finger printing in May though. On the receipt it says that the application will be processed within 180 days (it will be 180 days for me by Sep 27th). My question to you guys is that, do you know if they have any grounds not to grant me citizenship? I am really worried.

Thanks,