free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-94 related issue

Hi,

I was entered in US legally in June 2001 till October 2003. Now, I moved to Canada on September 2004. My question is -

I crossed the border through Rainbow Bridge and I still have my I-94 with me. Am I suppose to surrender I-94? If I don't then would it imply that I'm still in US?

Pl help.

Hi,

I was entered in US legally in June 2001 till October 2003. Now, I moved to Canada on September 2004. My question is -

I crossed the border through Rainbow Bridge and I still have my I-94 with me. Am I suppose to surrender I-94? If I don't then would it imply that I'm still in US?

Pl help.

Missing USA: I would think so, unless you have discussed your departure at the port of exit to CANADA (which they should have taken the I94 from you). Otherwise, you are considered to be still in the US. In any case, your I94 issue will be brought up on your return to the US.

I have similar question.... what about someone who entered the US through the US/CANADA border back in 2000 (before September 11), and didnt receive an I94 for that entry... but then left the US through the same border without any trouble.

Couple of years later, that person entered the US again with an I94. Will the previous entry from CANADA be an issue when the person applies for adjustment of status in the US?

Thanks

Thanx Mo.

You are right, but I've entry stamp on my passport from Canadian immigration. So, as far as the exit from US is concerned, it can be proved from the passport that I left US on particular date.

Now, if I enter US after 4-5 years, then could it be a problem while processing for the immigration or any other kind of visa of US?