free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with legal issues involving marijuana

the other day i was pulled over for speeding (not noticing i was speeding) and the cop smelled some pot in my car, he found it, and i also got a charge for simple possession of marijuana. what should i do, seeing as its a mistaminer, and i'm also a green card holder any advice?
    (plus it was under a quarter, and over 3.5 grams.(eighth)
    I live in South Carolina, and it happened in jasper county, the cop said i should go for PTI to clear it from my record, and pay a hefty fine, any other advice? could i get deported?

the other day i was pulled over for speeding (not noticing i was speeding) and the cop smelled some pot in my car, he found it, and i also got a charge for simple possession of marijuana. what should i do, seeing as its a mistaminer, and i'm also a green card holder any advice?
    (plus it was under a quarter, and over 3.5 grams.(eighth)
    I live in South Carolina, and it happened in jasper county, the cop said i should go for PTI to clear it from my record, and pay a hefty fine, any other advice? could i get deported?

Virtually all drugs charges can be a road to removal proceedings with one exception, possession of marijuana for personal use less than 30 grams.

I'd suggest you read up on this from another immigration board I posted in here a few days ago:

http://britishexpats.com/forum...wthread.php?t=579402

And this from a lawyer's website:

"§ 237(a)(2)(B) - an alien who has been convicted of any law or regulation relating to a controlled substance, other than a single offense involving possession for one’s own use of 30 grams or less of marijuana"

Source
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

seeing as though it was only a simple possession, and if it was only for my own use, i should be fine? apart from fines, and **** (and no repeat actions?)

what about my family, see i'm 19, could they be affected/effected because of my mistake?

You should be ok so long as you don't do it again. 2 of more misdemeanors for anything can make you inadmissible/ineligible for PR. Make sure you get and keep all papers relating to this charge because when it comes to applying for Citizenship or PR card renewal, you will need them.

Your family shouldn't be directly affected by it. If you are married to a USC and found to be ineligible for PR, then you can be removed and that would affect them of course.

This is not legal advice. You might want to contact a good immigration lawyer whose familiar with criminal law as well just to be on the safe side.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

We do not tolerate drug addicts in this country !!!!

i was sponsored by my parents when i was 3, and first moved here in 1992, haven't committed anything with the law, and only other things are speeding tickets. (i'm going to clean up for my hearing, and also stop this stupid stuff, at least the possession of it)

BobSmith: You get the opportunity to live in America...and you disrespect this country by becoming a junkie? What a disgrace.

It further seems like you haven't even learned your lesson - quote: I'm going to "stop this stupid stuff, at least the possession of it." So, you're still dumb enough to take drugs, but you just won't keep any in your car.

You're truly way too stupid for words. I hope that you do get deported, and the sooner the better. You don't deserve the opportunity to live in this country.

there are more people than u think smoke some pot, and other than that i've been a good person, i'm sure u've done something to make urself a druggy. It doesn't matter how it looks, bottom line is that i'm protected once. i'm just not going to buy any for a long time, and if people offer me a smoke i won't refuse. it doesn't matter if ur high thats not a crime. only the possession of it is. I don't really care if i get deported, yes i'd lose my friends, but other than that i'd be ok. i mostly don't want my family deported for this, and i want to finish going to college and have a degree. plus my gpa right now is a 3.0 so tell me, how does smoking pot affect it? not much, my high school gpa was a 4.0 thanks to music and electives. other than that my english was always a c and history was always a c, math i got b's in and so on. started smoking pot last year, and liked it. i don't care what u say sunDevilUsa, people come to america looking for work and money. it doesn't make much difference, and also, ur family probably came here illegally (well what we call now as illegal) when ur family just migrated here, back before immigration laws looking for a place to live, so shut the **** up and stop bashing people for making mistakes.