free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Getting tough on Illegal Aliens

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...mmigrants_dc_3

The above article tells of different things being done to combat the tide of illegals in this country. This is good news for every immigrant who has stood in line and gone through
    all the time and trouble to immigrate the right way. I applaud all of you on this board who are legitimate.

It would be nice to think that every foreigner I see in my day to day business is a legal potential American citizen. I think the appalling storm of illegals has caused Americans to look suspiciously at all immigrants. It isn't fair to the honest ones. The sooner these people are deported the better I will like it.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...mmigrants_dc_3

The above article tells of different things being done to combat the tide of illegals in this country. This is good news for every immigrant who has stood in line and gone through
    all the time and trouble to immigrate the right way. I applaud all of you on this board who are legitimate.

It would be nice to think that every foreigner I see in my day to day business is a legal potential American citizen. I think the appalling storm of illegals has caused Americans to look suspiciously at all immigrants. It isn't fair to the honest ones. The sooner these people are deported the better I will like it.

...you took the words right out of my mouth!!

Editorial writers finally got wiser and changed their rhetoric:

The goal is the same: to pass the legislation to create Guest Worker Program and to legally regulate/reform (i.e. grant Work Visas to Undocumented Workers, enforce control over Borders, Interior and etc.) to legally regulate/reform currently unfunctional Immigration system.

Lately press is placing great deal of attention on Immigration Reform, but to win broader public support it mostly speaks of Enforcement rather than the comprehensive Reform.

Knowing very well that any major action is always preceded by large and continuous coverage in press, it is reasonable to suggest that Immigration Reform/Legalization of undocumented workers is seriously being considered at the highest levels of our Government.
    So, this is very good news for all well intentioned, otherwise law abiding undocumented workers out there.

As far as limiting welfare, foodstamp and healthcare benefits ( except for emergency ) to Illegal Aliens, any reasonable person should welcome such move on part of State and Federal Governments.
    It will also remove any basis to bash all immigrants on the grounds of few illegals abusing the system.

Removing LEGAL IMMIGRANTS from the already very limited to them public rolls is more controversial issue, but I assume that this is done as a sacrifise in the altar of legalizing 10 million ILLEGAL Immigrants present here.
    Legal aliens will be ones to indirectly bear the cost of legalizing their illeglal brethren ))
    Yet it is also understandable why such move is inevitable:
    One of the major arguments against temporary legalization is that it will cost great deal of resourses to States and Federal Government ( cost of various benefits that these people may claim in future and so on..)
    By cutting those benefits you also cut these arguments.

The most controversial of all is the decision to ban illegal CHILDREN from attending public SCHOOLS.
    Childdren are not guilty of having parents who brought them here illegally, they have no choice but to stay in custody of their parents.
    Therefore, punisheing Illegal children by denying them the basic education, solely because of the behavior of their parents, is very unreasonable thing to do, to say the least.
    It was not an arbitrary caprise on part of Supreme Court when it ruled, years ago, that those children have the right to receive free public education (as long as Government does not deport/remove them out of US).
    But in case if Sen. Cornyn's Bill passed, there will then be no grounds for anyone to remain here illegally or to justify in any way such presence in US.
    Thus, we can read this as another sign of the 'preparing the grounds for upcoming immigration reform'.

All being said, the only REAL TOUGH mesaure passed in House most recently "is the legislation that would strengthen the power of local police officers to arrest undocumented immigrants whose only offense is their unauthorized status -- an authority that has historically resided with only with the federal government" ( see:
    http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/50310868521 ).

Whether it will work or not in absence of major immigration reform is another question, answer to which we all will see in near future.

But the assumption that it is possible to make the lives of undocumented aliens 'so bad that they will SELF-deport themselves' is laughable ))
    It is very amusing that some people really think of majority of Illegal Aliens as people who come to America in search of 'Free Rides/Heavens' and '24/7 Entertaintment Roller Coaster" of the Disneyland magnitude.. ))
    The truth is: most of those Mexicans don't come here because toilet cleaning, lawn cutting or concrete laying is the sweetest and most enjoyable job and lifestyle they can ever dream of ))
    Can't judge those desperate people by your own high standards.
    But they come here to escape the genocidal effects of lawlessness,hopelessness, inhuman abuse and hunger that rule supreme in the country of their origin.
    (And some of you will scream at this: "BUT WE DON'T HAVE TO FEED/PROTECT THEM !!!!".
    Well, I am not saying you "have to feed/protect them", am just stating the REASON why they come here in the first place ))

Given that, I beleive there is no treatment anyone can devise that will be SO bad ( AND Constitutional at the same time) , that would force all 10 mlns. to voluntarily self-deport and go back to whatever Hell they just escaped from..

SunDevil,

Yes, The reason (the #1 reason) we have so many aliens is we have not enforced rules already on the books for dealing with them. We HAVE a generous immigration policy (to generous) and the illegals are screwing it up for everyone. This is not the American dream legal immigrants could expect if the lawbreakers (from whatever country) were deported.

I guess you have noticed the mental midget with the IQ of a fence post has joined this thread.
    I hope his encouraging illegals to stay here isn't taken seriously. His dribblings (I confess I only scan them) may make them think they won't get caught. The TRUTH is they are getting caught and they are going to jail. I have been reading threads at other sites and everyone is just waiting to see these "immigration reform" bills. We will not accept
    anything that looks like an amnesty. Personally, I won't trust anything that doesn't have the endorsement of fair.us, numbersusa.com, and Tom Tancredo. What bothers me is the open border crowd passing open border bills as Ammendments to other bills. For instance a bill to give more money to Veterans or something you approve of may have an open border ammendment attached to it!!

Can you imagine what would happen if more and more American citizens took the problem into their own hands. Everytime the open border people say "we can't" , American citizens have proved them wrong. I'm just waiting for it to happen and for a legitimate go ahead from trusted officials like Tancredo or his associates to call in illegal immigrant locations. Others have numbers to call in now but nothing is really done yet. I live less than 6 miles from the White House and I know of apartment complexes full of them. BELIEVE ME, these people are NOT living in the shadows. The "Presidential Estates" on Glebe Road in Alexandria Va houses at least 500 or more. I'll be getting video from there within the next 2 weeks.

No, this is not the nature of my employment but all it takes for things NOT to change is for us to do nothing.

Hello Native,

Do you know how did they come up with the estimate of ten million illegals?

I spend most of my time between work and home. So, I dont really know how big that number could be. Anyway, I am just curious how the can estimate them.

The numbers are from the US Census Bureau which is the government agency in charge of tracking how many people are here etc. They have been doing it since 1790.

Many (myself included) have seen much higher numbers from other trackers regarding the illegal population so I'm sure 10 million may be a very conservative estimate.

census.gov

Here ia an example of the cost to one state.

Current Census Bureau data indicate that California's illegal immigrant population is costing the state's taxpayers more than $10 billion per year in 2004. This analysis looks specifically at the costs of education, medical care and incarceration, which are the major cost categories. Even without accounting for all of the other areas in which costs are being incurred by California's taxpayers, this study indicates that the burden is substantial " nearly $1,200 per native-headed household " and that the costs are rapidly increasing.

That means it's costing each American household in California (on an average) an extra $1,200.00 in added taxes to cover the illegals.

It is out of control, plain and simple.

Native, since you are so well informed I was hoping you could come up with an estimate amount of how much money do those 10 mils generate through their labor. Just so that we can create an acurate profit and loss statement so that everybody sees the big picture. Thank you in advance!

XX,
    I don't think you will ever get balanced "Profit vs. Loss Statement" from THIS guy.. ))

>>Native
    [quote] I guess you have noticed the mental midget with the IQ of a fence post.. [eq]

IE:
    Yes, we noticed

>> Native:
    I hope his encouraging illegals to stay here isn't taken seriously. <<<<

IE:
    We must assume that Senators Cornyn and Kyl are encouraging Illegals too..
    This guy is hillarious... )))

>>Native:
    The TRUTH is they are getting caught and they are going to jail. <<<<

IE:
    ALL 12 Mlns. OF THEM ??? ))))
    This guy must be kidding .. )))

>>Native:
    We will not accept
    anything that looks like an amnesty.<<<

IE:
    Every day hundreds of ILLEGALS are AMNESTIED in the US.. ))

1. Every Illegal Alien who gets adjustment of status through marriage to US Citizen is indeed AMNESTIED !!! ( For example: Paddy!)

2. Every Illegal Alien STILL grandfathered by Section 245(i) and who anytime later qualifies for Perm.Res. Status is as a matter of fact AMNESTIED.

3.Finally, every LULAC SETTLEMENT applicant whose application is filed and subsequently approved is in fact AMNESTIED.

All this (most of all MARRIGAE OF ILLEGAL ALIENS TO US CITIZENS) happens NOW and therefore, as a matter of fact, AMNESTY is an accepted practice.
    So, what does this guy mean by saying 'We WILL NOT accept amnesty"? ))
    How could anyone refuse to accept something that is already being practiced?

But let me remind everyone that Pres. Bush's and Senator Cornyn's Guest Worker Program (unlike adjustment to Perm. Res. Status through marriage to USC, unlike adjustment through Section 245 (i) or LULAC SETTLEMENT ), is NOT an AMNESTY program.
    It wouldn't allow participants to receive Permanent Residency without first leaving the country.

At the same time the Program would help to attain following goals:

1. Providing an incentive for Illegal Aliens ( through offer of adjustment to Temporary Work Visa/Status) to come forward and register with Federal Government.

2. Registering/fingerprinting ALL/or MOST of ILLEGAL ALIENS would above all give the Government updated, accurate information about the numbers and biometrics of those present here.

3. Would give the Government time to focus, to develope strategy and to concentrate all of its' resourses and tools to apprehend and deport those who violate the terms of Temporary Guest Worker Program (through the use of updated database/information obtained during the registration of Illegal Aliens).

As of now Government has NO WAY of knowing/finding and locating ALL 12 mln. people that it estimates to be present here in violation of its' Immigration Laws.

4. Finally, it would serve the interests of economy by matching willing worker with willing employee.

>>Native:
    Personally, I won't trust anything that doesn't have the endorsement of fair.us, numbersusa.com, and Tom Tancredo. <<<<<

IE:
    Certainly,everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and preferences.. ))

And the rights of those with "midget IQ of a fence post" to have an opinion are protected no less than the rights of those with common sense and profound understanding of situation.. ))

Good luck!