50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Can someone help me please?

I'm American and my fiance' is Canadian. We have plans to marry Aug 2003. I would like to live in Canada but not give up my US citizenship. I was told that once I move up there, there is a chance that I will never be able to come back to visit my family here. Is this true? Doesn't dual citizenship apply here?
    Also, I've been reading on these K Visas, and fiance visas, does this only apply when one goes from Canada to USA? Are there forms that we should be filling out for me to be able to reside in Canada before the wedding take place? Please, please someone advise me on this. Thank you, Regards.. Tina

I'm American and my fiance' is Canadian. We have plans to marry Aug 2003. I would like to live in Canada but not give up my US citizenship. I was told that once I move up there, there is a chance that I will never be able to come back to visit my family here. Is this true? Doesn't dual citizenship apply here?
    Also, I've been reading on these K Visas, and fiance visas, does this only apply when one goes from Canada to USA? Are there forms that we should be filling out for me to be able to reside in Canada before the wedding take place? Please, please someone advise me on this. Thank you, Regards.. Tina

You'd have to ask canada is they accept dual citizenship. I think they do.

I think what people meant was that perhaps for a while you would not be able to return while you are going through the immigration process over there.

I have no idea about how it works to immigrate to canada. You may want to call the Canadian Embassy or consulate in your area to find out. They would definalty be able to tell you.

You will not have to give up your American Citizenship when you become a Canadian Resident or Citizen. You will also be able to travel to the US very easily (you will still have an American passport after all).

However, there may be a period of time while the immigration process is underway when you may not be able to leave the country (Canada)without abandoning your immigration application. You will have to find a good Canadian immigration website to find out the answers to that part of your question.