50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: AOS inquiry question

Hey guys I filed an AOS package in Oct. 2002 I got my ead,and social security card.My husband and are are concerned about the status of the case since we filed at the Atlanta District Office there's no way to check on the status.We've decided to mail a written inquiry.I know what information to include in this letter i am just not sure how to phrase it. Any suggestions???

Hey guys I filed an AOS package in Oct. 2002 I got my ead,and social security card.My husband and are are concerned about the status of the case since we filed at the Atlanta District Office there's no way to check on the status.We've decided to mail a written inquiry.I know what information to include in this letter i am just not sure how to phrase it. Any suggestions???

I think there is a form letter for it somewhere on the BCIS website. I'm not sure. If I find it I'll post it here.
    Have a nice day

Here is what the BCIS website says to include if you make a status inquiry by mail:

If you write, please provide the following in your letter:

Your current name and address, and, if different, your name as it appears on your application;
    Any A-number, which is an 8 or 9 digit number following the letter "A", assigned to you or to your application;
    Your date of birth;
    The date and place where your application was filed;
    Any receipt number from any receipt notice issued by INS or USCIS for your application;
    A copy of the most recent notice sent to you by INS or USCIS on your case, if you have received one; and
    The date and office where you were fingerprinted and where you were interviewed, if this has been done
    Have a nice day

Thank you so much Glubirne

hello!

we also applied for AOS (dec 2003) and our files will be transferred to Georgia since we will be moving in that state. i looked at the AOS processing times (they are posted in some websites) and found out that Atlanta BCIS has AOS processing (Dec 2001). you may want to check it too. i hope this info helps.

Hey PCR I would love to know where you got that date because the ins website says they are processing July 9 2001

hello! aviboo,

you might be right with the date july 2001. i' apologize, if i made a mistake, i might have confused it with Denver (dec 2003, i think). that's why i asked for it to be checked out again i usually checked processing dates at BCIS website.

there was another post in this message board with encouraging words....about looking on the positive side when waiting for AOS (like those who applied in Atl, GA).

we have more documents to show during the AOS interview and if we're married for 2 or more years when we have the AOS interview, we will be given unconditional GC. these are great thoughts.

all the best on your AOS application and interview. i'll appreciate it if you can provide us info on how your AOS interview turns out.
    have a nice evening!

hello! aviboo
    it's me again, there's a website that has postings about AOS experiences in different states (including Georgia). i hope you'll find it useful. it gives info on when AOS applications were filed and when the AOS interviews were scheduled & how it turned out.

http://www.kamya.com/interview/aosint_2.html

Thank you very much PCR