50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: how to bring BF is US

Need advice on which process should i choose , marry while im a GC holder or marry when im a US citizen, which is faster?

i will be applying for my citizenship in 2011.

if i get married while im GC holder then apply for citizenship , does my husband will be granted for us citizenship? my BF is in my native country .

tnx you in advance hope someone can help me out in my situation. THANK YOU ! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE !.

Need advice on which process should i choose , marry while im a GC holder or marry when im a US citizen, which is faster?

i will be applying for my citizenship in 2011.

if i get married while im GC holder then apply for citizenship , does my husband will be granted for us citizenship? my BF is in my native country .

tnx you in advance hope someone can help me out in my situation. THANK YOU ! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE !.

You can apply while you're a GC holder, but it takes a very long time for a visa number to become available. That petition would be upgraded once you become a Citizen though and the number would be immediately available and his application would start processing immediately.

And no, he would not become an automatic citizen. Marriage to a USC doesn't grant any rights of citizenship or even residency and he wouldn't be factored in if you become a citizen after the marriage. He needs to gain lawful permanent residency and then apply for naturalization when eligible.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Yes to the above advice. You could also submit an I-130 relative petition now and when you become a US citizen, upgrade your case and then a visa will become immediately available and you will have already filed the petition. the process is by no means quick and easy, but it is doable. Check out my site and maybe I can help you.

Best of luck!

www.munozservicios.com
    Document Translations
    Immigration Applications
    Interpretation Services
    Notarizations