publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Marriage fraud? Don't know. Considering divorce.

I am a U.S. citizen living in Texas who recently married an immigrant. The immigrant is legal and has resided in the U.S. for close to seven years. She came to this country with her husband, but divorced him on the grounds of adultery and physical and emotional abuse. She is not a citizen and is not a resident. We have known each other for a little over two years and decided to marry last month. I admit, the marriage was impulsive, and before last week I felt it was probably a result of the fact that we are both in emotionally vulnerable places at this time. Nevertheless, I love this woman and had intended to give my all to the marriage. After a recent argument, however, I now fear that this marriage may be fraudulent. I have no way to prove this. I am aware we will face an INS interview and felt sure we would pass when I believed whole-heartedly the marriage was legitimate. Because of my suspicions, however, I am now concerned about the interview and am considering divorce. I do not want to be an unwitting party to a fraudulent marriage. I have too much to lose. My wife says she loves me, but her behavior and vituperations the night of the argument suggest otherwise. With regard to immigration law (which I know absolutely nothing about), what steps do I need to take to obtain a divorce in Texas? What will happen to this woman if I do divorce her? I do not want her to get deported. Thanks in advance to all who reply earnestly to this post.

I am a U.S. citizen living in Texas who recently married an immigrant. The immigrant is legal and has resided in the U.S. for close to seven years. She came to this country with her husband, but divorced him on the grounds of adultery and physical and emotional abuse. She is not a citizen and is not a resident. We have known each other for a little over two years and decided to marry last month. I admit, the marriage was impulsive, and before last week I felt it was probably a result of the fact that we are both in emotionally vulnerable places at this time. Nevertheless, I love this woman and had intended to give my all to the marriage. After a recent argument, however, I now fear that this marriage may be fraudulent. I have no way to prove this. I am aware we will face an INS interview and felt sure we would pass when I believed whole-heartedly the marriage was legitimate. Because of my suspicions, however, I am now concerned about the interview and am considering divorce. I do not want to be an unwitting party to a fraudulent marriage. I have too much to lose. My wife says she loves me, but her behavior and vituperations the night of the argument suggest otherwise. With regard to immigration law (which I know absolutely nothing about), what steps do I need to take to obtain a divorce in Texas? What will happen to this woman if I do divorce her? I do not want her to get deported. Thanks in advance to all who reply earnestly to this post.

Michael
    You need to follow my advice as I have been through this.
    1) Trust your feelings
    2) Trust youself
    3) Do not discuss anything with your wife aout this anymore
    4) Begin to hide and protect any and all assets; bank accounts, credit cards, etc...
    5) Begib to subtley destroy all evidence of a "bonafide marriage"; bills, any statements
    6) Do not get into any argument with her; she, will call the police and have you arrested and get a green card through VAWA (Violence Against Womens Act)
    7) Immediately - See a lawyer and begin the divorce and do not expect her to sign it; even better an annullment if TX allows that; this will cost you about $2000-$3000 but will save you much more in the long run so do everything to get it done quickly
    8) Have her served with the summons (your lawyer will arrange that) at a time and place where she is out of the house
    9) Ask your lawyer the best way to get her out of your house LEGALLY
    10) DO not do anything too illegal
    11) This is illegal but a good idea; try to obtain her passport and visa and hide them in a bank safety box
    12) Do not consider at all her feelings; she will play with your emotions and cripple you

Come with me to St. Petersburg to find a loving young wife in August see loveme.com and email we can get a discount; michaellovesnyc@aol.com

GOOD LUCK

Michael, where have you been???
    We missed you here!!!!

Where is Depo Man??

All kind of ****STERS/FRAUDSTERS and shudra-GRINTS are posting here, time for Depo Man to wake up and take care of MY board!!!

**** ON GRINTS!!!