50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Stamping passport

My adjustment of status (I-485) interview was done in November 2005. The interview officer wanted to stamp my passport at that time but he didn't have the stamp with him.He said it will take two months to get my green card by mail. Till this day I haven't received my green card. My work authorization has expired. They will not renew my EAD card because my case is approved. My employer is not allowing me to work at this time. I visited in February and March 2006 in NY to local INS office to get my passport stamped but they told me in NY they don't stamp passpot anymore. I received a letter from INS office that my case has been approved on April 22nd of this year. My finger print was done on May 30th of this year. Can anyone advise what should I do in this situation. I like to know if anyone was able to get their passport stamped from New York.

My adjustment of status (I-485) interview was done in November 2005. The interview officer wanted to stamp my passport at that time but he didn't have the stamp with him.He said it will take two months to get my green card by mail. Till this day I haven't received my green card. My work authorization has expired. They will not renew my EAD card because my case is approved. My employer is not allowing me to work at this time. I visited in February and March 2006 in NY to local INS office to get my passport stamped but they told me in NY they don't stamp passpot anymore. I received a letter from INS office that my case has been approved on April 22nd of this year. My finger print was done on May 30th of this year. Can anyone advise what should I do in this situation. I like to know if anyone was able to get their passport stamped from New York.