50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disadvantages Associated With Sponsorship Through Marriage...

When I married Senator Uzamere, I had no idea what I was doing. I was in love and I wanted a husband.

Unfortunately, my husband left immediately after I fulfilled my role as the "stupid American" by sponsoring him through marriage.

I learned the hard way how dishonest some foreigners can be in their desperation to obtain permanent residence in the United States. Even the worse of food tastes like ambrosia when one is gripped with hunger -- a hunger that quickly vanishes the minute unscrupulous foreigners obtain the "green card." Quite a few are so unscrupulous that they violate U.S. law -- and break their spouses' hearts.

According to some statistics, between 50-70% of all green card marriages in the United States are fraudulent.

That does not mean that marriages between green-card-seeking foreigners and benevolent American citizens cannot work. Some of my own family members are proof that marriages between green-card-seeking foreigners and American citizens can work. My sister P. married a man from Honduras. They now have six children and are still married. However, my youngest sister R. married a man from Trinidad who later engaged in a felonious act for which he was tried, convicted, jailed and finally deported.

For many Americans, the thought of a green-card-challenged foreigner marrying an American citizen sounds just as distasteful as a penniless but pretty young woman marrying a rich old man for his money. I have read many a post by former green-card-challenged foreigners who claimed that I am chasing my erstwhile husband for his money, while not recognizing the similarity in their "falling in love" with an American citizen and then "coincidentally" getting a green card out of the deal.

Hmmmmm...but I digress.

However, all of that is conjecture...the stuff of which heated discussions and pseudo-intellectual conversations are made.

The issue is: What are the real disadvantages American citizens face when marrying a green-card-challenged foreigner?

Lack of knowledge of the person's past in the person's home country -- How did the foreigner live? Where did the foreigner live? Did the foreigner have serious issues in his/her home country? An American citizen can use an internet search program in the United States. Western European is also industrialized enough to perform internet searches on individuals. Can such a search be performed in corrupt countries like Nigeria? In most cases, the answer is no.

Federal Privacy Act -- Even if you are married, you will never have access to any of the foreigner's records unless he/she gives the federal agency to right to allow you to view his/her records.

Lack of access to the foreigner's records in the foreigner's home country -- Unless the American citizen is familiar with bureaucratic protocol in the foreigner's country, the American has no access to the foreigner's records.

Lack of knowledge of the foreigner's culture --
    What are the cultural norms of the prospective spouse? Is the spouse from a culture that dislikes..black Americans...Jews...people who are ***? While these issues may not seem important, opposing views on this and other cultural issues can interfere with marriage.

Inability to speak the foreigner's language -- This is self-explantory. Even though the United States is predominately English-speaking country, foreigners are no different than anyone else. Few are willing to give up the culture of their countries, and language is the verbal extension of a person's culture. Can an American spouse feel comfortable and at ease in a room full of people speaking the foreign spouse's language and nothing else?

Problems associated with the foreigner's government's diplomatic relationship with the United States -- If the foreign spouse violates a law in the American citizen's country, kidnaps a child of the marriage, what is the foreign spouse's home country's relationship with the United States? One of the worse things for an American citizen to experience is when the foreign spouse violates the law and absconds to his/her home country and the foreign spouse's home country is uncooperative toward the American citizen.

Problems associated with the foreigner's home country's relationship with international organizations like The Hague Conference on Private International Affairs
    -- Currently there are about 69 nations who are members of The Hague's Conference on Private International Law (The Hague's Conference on Private International Law. While the member nations do not agree on everything, there is some level of order with regard to settling basic legal matters like child support, service of process, enforcement of decisions dealing with maintenance, etc. Is the foreign spouse's country a member of The Hague? Does the American citizen know how to serve the foreign spouse with divorce papers if the spouse decides to return to his/her home? What if the foreign spouse takes the child of the marriage to his/her home country? Would the foreign spouse's country cooperate with the United States?

Foreigner's ability to claim that he/she was assaulted by the American citizen without providing proof -- I did not know until recently that foreign spouses who apply for permanent residence can expedite their requests by accusing their American spouses of domestic abuse. What is even worse is that the American spouse does not even know that the foreign spouse has filed a complaint against him/her with immigration -- a complaint against which the American spouse cannot defend him/herself.
    (see http://www.immigrationfraudvictims.us/about.htmlfor more information)

American citizen is financially responsible for the foreigner for the next 10 years -- One act of dishonesty that I am sure is prevalent with green-card-challenged foreigners is their refusal to tell the American sponsor that he/she is financially responsible for the sponsee for the next 10 years. If the sponsee becomes sick, loses a job or experience some other economic disaster, the U.S. government makes certain that the sponsee cannot be found eligible for any economic benefits granted to poverty-stricken Americans.

I remember an occasion when I went to the Food Stamp office of Schermerhorn Street in Brooklyn. While I was there, I saw a Haitian couple walk in with an elderly Haitian woman. The younger woman asked for an application for the elderly woman. The lady behind the counter asked her how long the elderly woman was in the country. While I don't remember the younger woman's answer, I do remember the woman telling her that while she had a right to apply, she would not be found eligible as she had less than 10 years in the country as a permanent resident.

As yourself this question: If a beautiful, but financially-challenged person attempted to engage you in a romantic relationship knowing that you are a millionaire, would you want to date this person?

Whatever your answer is, the criteria should be the same for marrying a green-card-challenged foreigner. Some of the disadvantages associated with both situations are quite similar.

That's it for now.
    I AM A VICTIM OF A GREEN CARD MARRIAGE SCAM. THE PERPETRATOR IS SENATOR EHIGHE EDOBOR UZAMERE. THE IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS WHO PROVIDED SERVICES THAT HELPED HIM USE SUBTERFUGE TO TRICK ME ARE ALLEN E. KAYE AND HARVEY SHAPIRO. THIS IS THE TRUTH -- AND

When I married Senator Uzamere, I had no idea what I was doing. I was in love and I wanted a husband.

Unfortunately, my husband left immediately after I fulfilled my role as the "stupid American" by sponsoring him through marriage.

I learned the hard way how dishonest some foreigners can be in their desperation to obtain permanent residence in the United States. Even the worse of food tastes like ambrosia when one is gripped with hunger -- a hunger that quickly vanishes the minute unscrupulous foreigners obtain the "green card." Quite a few are so unscrupulous that they violate U.S. law -- and break their spouses' hearts.

According to some statistics, between 50-70% of all green card marriages in the United States are fraudulent.

That does not mean that marriages between green-card-seeking foreigners and benevolent American citizens cannot work. Some of my own family members are proof that marriages between green-card-seeking foreigners and American citizens can work. My sister P. married a man from Honduras. They now have six children and are still married. However, my youngest sister R. married a man from Trinidad who later engaged in a felonious act for which he was tried, convicted, jailed and finally deported.

For many Americans, the thought of a green-card-challenged foreigner marrying an American citizen sounds just as distasteful as a penniless but pretty young woman marrying a rich old man for his money. I have read many a post by former green-card-challenged foreigners who claimed that I am chasing my erstwhile husband for his money, while not recognizing the similarity in their "falling in love" with an American citizen and then "coincidentally" getting a green card out of the deal.

Hmmmmm...but I digress.

However, all of that is conjecture...the stuff of which heated discussions and pseudo-intellectual conversations are made.

The issue is: What are the real disadvantages American citizens face when marrying a green-card-challenged foreigner?

Lack of knowledge of the person's past in the person's home country -- How did the foreigner live? Where did the foreigner live? Did the foreigner have serious issues in his/her home country? An American citizen can use an internet search program in the United States. Western European is also industrialized enough to perform internet searches on individuals. Can such a search be performed in corrupt countries like Nigeria? In most cases, the answer is no.

Federal Privacy Act -- Even if you are married, you will never have access to any of the foreigner's records unless he/she gives the federal agency to right to allow you to view his/her records.

Lack of access to the foreigner's records in the foreigner's home country -- Unless the American citizen is familiar with bureaucratic protocol in the foreigner's country, the American has no access to the foreigner's records.

Lack of knowledge of the foreigner's culture --
    What are the cultural norms of the prospective spouse? Is the spouse from a culture that dislikes..black Americans...Jews...people who are ***? While these issues may not seem important, opposing views on this and other cultural issues can interfere with marriage.

Inability to speak the foreigner's language -- This is self-explantory. Even though the United States is predominately English-speaking country, foreigners are no different than anyone else. Few are willing to give up the culture of their countries, and language is the verbal extension of a person's culture. Can an American spouse feel comfortable and at ease in a room full of people speaking the foreign spouse's language and nothing else?

Problems associated with the foreigner's government's diplomatic relationship with the United States -- If the foreign spouse violates a law in the American citizen's country, kidnaps a child of the marriage, what is the foreign spouse's home country's relationship with the United States? One of the worse things for an American citizen to experience is when the foreign spouse violates the law and absconds to his/her home country and the foreign spouse's home country is uncooperative toward the American citizen.

Problems associated with the foreigner's home country's relationship with international organizations like The Hague Conference on Private International Affairs
    -- Currently there are about 69 nations who are members of The Hague's Conference on Private International Law (The Hague's Conference on Private International Law. While the member nations do not agree on everything, there is some level of order with regard to settling basic legal matters like child support, service of process, enforcement of decisions dealing with maintenance, etc. Is the foreign spouse's country a member of The Hague? Does the American citizen know how to serve the foreign spouse with divorce papers if the spouse decides to return to his/her home? What if the foreign spouse takes the child of the marriage to his/her home country? Would the foreign spouse's country cooperate with the United States?

Foreigner's ability to claim that he/she was assaulted by the American citizen without providing proof -- I did not know until recently that foreign spouses who apply for permanent residence can expedite their requests by accusing their American spouses of domestic abuse. What is even worse is that the American spouse does not even know that the foreign spouse has filed a complaint against him/her with immigration -- a complaint against which the American spouse cannot defend him/herself.
    (see http://www.immigrationfraudvictims.us/about.htmlfor more information)

American citizen is financially responsible for the foreigner for the next 10 years -- One act of dishonesty that I am sure is prevalent with green-card-challenged foreigners is their refusal to tell the American sponsor that he/she is financially responsible for the sponsee for the next 10 years. If the sponsee becomes sick, loses a job or experience some other economic disaster, the U.S. government makes certain that the sponsee cannot be found eligible for any economic benefits granted to poverty-stricken Americans.

I remember an occasion when I went to the Food Stamp office of Schermerhorn Street in Brooklyn. While I was there, I saw a Haitian couple walk in with an elderly Haitian woman. The younger woman asked for an application for the elderly woman. The lady behind the counter asked her how long the elderly woman was in the country. While I don't remember the younger woman's answer, I do remember the woman telling her that while she had a right to apply, she would not be found eligible as she had less than 10 years in the country as a permanent resident.

As yourself this question: If a beautiful, but financially-challenged person attempted to engage you in a romantic relationship knowing that you are a millionaire, would you want to date this person?

Whatever your answer is, the criteria should be the same for marrying a green-card-challenged foreigner. Some of the disadvantages associated with both situations are quite similar.

That's it for now.
    I AM A VICTIM OF A GREEN CARD MARRIAGE SCAM. THE PERPETRATOR IS SENATOR EHIGHE EDOBOR UZAMERE. THE IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS WHO PROVIDED SERVICES THAT HELPED HIM USE SUBTERFUGE TO TRICK ME ARE ALLEN E. KAYE AND HARVEY SHAPIRO. THIS IS THE TRUTH -- AND

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">According to some statistics, between 50-70% of all green card marriages in the United States are fraudulent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Source on this?
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cheryl D. Uzamere:
    American citizen is financially responsible for the foreigner for the next 10 years -- One act of dishonesty that I am sure is prevalent with green-card-challenged foreigners is their refusal to tell the American sponsor that he/she is financially responsible for the sponsee for the next 10 years. If the sponsee becomes sick, loses a job or experience some other economic disaster, the U.S. government makes certain that the sponsee cannot be found eligible for any economic benefits granted to poverty-stricken Americans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to correct this.

First of all, the statement that the immigrant is able to hide this from the sponsor is absolutely wrong. It is the United States Citizen that fills out the I-864 (Affidavit of Support), not the immigrant.

Secondly, the form is valid until the immigrant naturalizes (gains US Citizenship), completes 40 qualifying quarters of work, leaves the country and relinquishes their status, or dies.

Again, any USC sponsor should be well aware of this fact, as it is them that has to sign the Affidavit.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Aroha.. back then the I-864 didn't exist.
    The older version of the affidavit in fact was not enforceable, hence the changes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    Aroha.. back then the I-864 didn't exist.
    The older version of the affidavit in fact was not enforceable, hence they changes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She's changed tack again and now is warning USC's that marrying any foreigner is bad because we're all scammers and just after the green card.

Her statement regarding the I-864 was regarding the current law, and it was incorrect.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Oh sorry.. yes she is incorrect on that.

Most of what she has written are not true facts, in fact pretty much you can say the same about the USC.

USC's are not checked like us immigrants. Works both ways.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    Oh sorry.. yes she is incorrect on that.

Most of what she has written are not true facts, in fact pretty much you can say the same about the USC.

USC's are not checked like us immigrants. Works both ways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. As you well know, it's not always the USC that comes out of the marriage worse off and I actually agree with her on some points, such as cultural and language differences and the need to learn as much as possible about your potential spouse and family, for both sides.

I didn't want to get bogged down in all the rest of it though as it's just opinion rather than fact. I completely ignored the insinuation that my situation is similar, despite the fact her words were so blatantly aimed at me. I know the truth, as do the people that matter, including the USCIS.

I couldn't let the falsities on the I-864 go though, and I'm with JC on wanting to know the source for the statistics regarding fraudulent marriages.

I agree Aroha.. if anyone knows I do. I don't go around posting threads around here telling everyone how USC's can defraud and abuse immigrants.
    There is alot that can be said, and I could quite easily give warnings to immigrants as she is doing to USC's.

She is just a pathetic American loser, a trollop who needed an immigrant to save her.

Her husband did the right thing..he ran as fast as he could... good on you Senator Whatever your name is!

Oh yeah.

Her VAWA statement is also incorrect. The immigrant spouse DOES need to provide evidence.