50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 QUESTIONS

Have 2 questions - my husband needs to file the 751. If we have plenty of evidence of the marraige (house, baby, banking etc) together, do we need sworn affidavits too? How does that work? Also, I sponsored my stepson, what form should he fill out? Reading the form I do not think that is for children too?

Have 2 questions - my husband needs to file the 751. If we have plenty of evidence of the marraige (house, baby, banking etc) together, do we need sworn affidavits too? How does that work? Also, I sponsored my stepson, what form should he fill out? Reading the form I do not think that is for children too?

tialynne99:

The Affidavits are not a requirement but a sample of the evidence you could submit. I would submit them since they are very easy to do by just asking 2 people that have knowledge about your marriage. The most you submit the less likely you will have to again to the local office for an interview.

In regards to the child it should be put in the same form, but I am not sure about this one.

hi ...

more evidences you include, better for you ... Experiences I read where people didn't even send that many evidences and got approved without an interview ... so I don't know ... may be it just depends on Immigration officer's thinking who will handle your case ... but if u got time / few days ...there is nothing to lose in getting letters from friends / family ... or anyone whom u know ...

well following is taken directly from I-751 form ...

Please answer all questions by typing or clearly printing in black ink. Indicate that an item is not applicable with "N/A." If an answer is "none," write "none." If you need extra space to answer any item, attach a sheet of paper with your name and your alien registration number (A#), and indicate the number of the item to which the answer refers. You must file your petition with the required initial evidence. Your petition must be properly signed and accompanied by the correct fee. If you are under 14 years of age, your parent or guardian may sign the petition on your behalf.

If you read last 2 sentences ... then probably u will have to file a separate I-751for your stepson and you can send it along with I-751 of your husband in same packet ... Good luck ... Pasha

[This message was edited by Pasha Patel on March 03, 2004 at 05:26 PM.]