50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 245-I Labor Cert. need help!

I spent a Us$1000. with an association that helps immigrants to obtain legal status in the US. I applied for a labor certification in April/2001 under the protection of the section of the 245-I section. Right now, the only thing i have is a copy of the receipt of the labor dept. I don't know what to do now, my sponsor no longer will help me. I lost hope in my case, anybody know if i can restore my case and finally start a gc process at USBICS?

I spent a Us$1000. with an association that helps immigrants to obtain legal status in the US. I applied for a labor certification in April/2001 under the protection of the section of the 245-I section. Right now, the only thing i have is a copy of the receipt of the labor dept. I don't know what to do now, my sponsor no longer will help me. I lost hope in my case, anybody know if i can restore my case and finally start a gc process at USBICS?

thanx God you have that receipt !!!
    Did you apply for EB-2 or EB-3 ???
    I assume that you LC application is still pending somewhere in backlog center and nobody knows how long it will take.Do you still live under the same address ???
    If your sponsor is not willing to proceed your case you must start all over again anyway.
    section 245i still makes you eligible to apply so you better keep that receipt.
    The only bad news is if you start your new case you will lose your priority date and the wait time to file for adjustment may take couple years if you are EB-3 category.
    Second option !
    If you can still get your LC approval and your sponsor will file I-140 than you may restore your old case, keep old priority date and file for adjustment and EAD as soon as your priority date comes up. Currently visa bulletin shows 01-03-01 (EB-3)
    whatever date you have on that receipt it is your priority date !!!
    At last, maybe marriage to USC would be the most helpful!!!