F3
    May 08, 1998

F4
    March 15, 1994

EW
    October 1, 2000

E3
    March 1, 2001

Familybased, my father will be appearing for naturalization interview on 20th January so somewhat around starting of February he should get his oath ceremony done. Now once he has citizenship certificate in that month then how can I upgrade the petition to F1. I know by the time PD will be reaching to August anyway but incase it is not then how do I upgrade it so she can get interview in March 2006. Please help.

do I upgrade it
    Your father needs to write a letter to the National Visa Center and include a copy of his USC certificate to upgrade your sister's case.

Considering your sister's PD, you may want to talk to a NVC rep to get estimated time to process upgrading case. You do not want to further deplay your time line because upgrading from F2B to F1.

Some inform in case you need to contact the NVC

An automated recorded message system can answer many of these inquiries 24 hours a day, seven days a week (603 334-0700). Operators are available to respond to more difficult inquiries from 7:30 AM to 12:30 AM (EST) Monday through Friday.

When I filed a petition for my relative I was a legal permanent resident (green card holder). I recently became a U.S. citizen. How can I upgrade the petition?

Please make a copy of your Naturalization Certificate. Send the copy - NOT the original - to the National Visa Center with a letter containing the beneficiary name and case number of the petition you want to upgrade. We will send the beneficiary any additional forms and information that may be required.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1309.html

Good luck

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Thanks family-based,Though it is not official I Think it is correct for the dates seems to be moving that way.
    Vivek I know how you felt but I think your sister case is progressing good so far.Remember her case is finnish at NVC so any upgrading you will have to do that at consulate.Then consulate will take a few months before starting the procedure of sending her apointment letter you will probably end up with the same time but just watch for now what is going to happen.

I recently called the NVC and was told that they are working on Dec 1993 for the F4 category. Which date should I be following posted dates or what dates the NVC is working. Can an interview be set up based on the priority date that is posted or what the NVC is working? and my last question is if one of the beneficiaries is nearing 21 will it based on the NVC's date or the posted date?
    Thanks for any help

Need help. Have question or concern feel free to call 212-289-4680 or e-mail us at bimmigration1702@yaahoo.com with any questions you may have

It is official now. All family categories movd forward moderately except F1 category.

Sorry, there is no change for EB folks

Good luck