free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Hey SwissNut - The I-751

Swissnut,

This is adcockgreg, I just changed the handle, It was a bad idea to use my name anyway,

Also, All response on previous thread are NOT printing test on Second Page "PAGE 2"
    Are you folks having problems with PG 2 threads.

You mentioned :

"The I-751 is the petition to remove the "conditional" nature of the green card, if the marriage is not two years old at the time of your adjustment of status interview. Since you claim your wife does not have a permanent green card yet, have you not yet filed the I-751? If that is the case, then your wife will have to delay this divorce for a substantial period of time in order to cross the last immigration hurdle, prior to becoming divorced.

Sponsorship cannot be removed during the immigration process wantonly. However, if you withdraw your petition, you can revoke sponsorship prior to requesting that "conditions" be removed, if I am not mistaken.

With a child produced from the marriage, in my opinion, it will be difficult to prove a lack of bona fide intent on behalf of your wife. Typically, USCIS considers a child sufficient proof of genuine intent."

No I have not filed a I-751

Heres some more answers.

I filed for divorce. Its in the County Court House.

No we have not set a court Date, it was uncontested, My attorney said pushing this
    thru the courts will cost alot of maney and she can delay many times. Besides he said, she promised to sign after her Perm Stat is provided.

But I now know she will never sign the papers.

And I want to get away from her, because she has threatened to file (False) Domestic charges against me if I force the Divorce thru the courts. She has a great plan, from what I'm seeing.

This women is a Real problem, and all I want is to get away from her, and I can't get her out.

So, before I spend a ton of money forcing this divorce in the courts that she can delay a couple times, and being she won't leave in the mean time, She stays here and I can't stand it anymore.
    I want her out.

Also, I believe I understand the INS situation now.
    I believe the best thing for me to do is just not attend any INS meetings, or better yet (If still married) goto the meeting and muddy it up.
    Having a child, they won't throw her out.
    Or should I file the I-751 ??

Thats my Problem.

So we have the questions, I want her out.

Can I Move out and leave her to fend for herself.
    Or is that a crime ??? Is that Abandonment ???

Anyone know, ??

Swissnut,

This is adcockgreg, I just changed the handle, It was a bad idea to use my name anyway,

Also, All response on previous thread are NOT printing test on Second Page "PAGE 2"
    Are you folks having problems with PG 2 threads.

You mentioned :

"The I-751 is the petition to remove the "conditional" nature of the green card, if the marriage is not two years old at the time of your adjustment of status interview. Since you claim your wife does not have a permanent green card yet, have you not yet filed the I-751? If that is the case, then your wife will have to delay this divorce for a substantial period of time in order to cross the last immigration hurdle, prior to becoming divorced.

Sponsorship cannot be removed during the immigration process wantonly. However, if you withdraw your petition, you can revoke sponsorship prior to requesting that "conditions" be removed, if I am not mistaken.

With a child produced from the marriage, in my opinion, it will be difficult to prove a lack of bona fide intent on behalf of your wife. Typically, USCIS considers a child sufficient proof of genuine intent."

No I have not filed a I-751

Heres some more answers.

I filed for divorce. Its in the County Court House.

No we have not set a court Date, it was uncontested, My attorney said pushing this
    thru the courts will cost alot of maney and she can delay many times. Besides he said, she promised to sign after her Perm Stat is provided.

But I now know she will never sign the papers.

And I want to get away from her, because she has threatened to file (False) Domestic charges against me if I force the Divorce thru the courts. She has a great plan, from what I'm seeing.

This women is a Real problem, and all I want is to get away from her, and I can't get her out.

So, before I spend a ton of money forcing this divorce in the courts that she can delay a couple times, and being she won't leave in the mean time, She stays here and I can't stand it anymore.
    I want her out.

Also, I believe I understand the INS situation now.
    I believe the best thing for me to do is just not attend any INS meetings, or better yet (If still married) goto the meeting and muddy it up.
    Having a child, they won't throw her out.
    Or should I file the I-751 ??

Thats my Problem.

So we have the questions, I want her out.

Can I Move out and leave her to fend for herself.
    Or is that a crime ??? Is that Abandonment ???

Anyone know, ??

I posted this on the other thread, but it is much easier to read on this, so her it is "cut and pasted"

DallasGreg:

Well I am not sure you are going to like what I write, but I am trying to give you the best information I can so that you can make an educated decision.

With an infant, I am not sure how much work your wife could perform on a consitent basis, unless you were to decide to place the child in day care. If the impetus for ending the marriage is based upon current financial stresses, then you should keep in mind that if you cannot uphold your commitment to stay and repair the marriage, then you will be asked to provide child support and most likely spousal support for a period of time. In my opinion, there are some economic issues to be contemplated by both of you in this situation. Where has your wife secured the funds to finance her legal counsel?

Now as far as the legal process is concerned, if one party secures an attorney it does not automatically bring the matter into court. Attorneys are officers of the court and are trained to guide their clients to the most expedient resolution. Typically, they will not advise litigation, especially when there are no differences of opinion as to the distribution of marital assets. In fact, they will work to reach an agreement out of court.

It should not take much to enter a complaint to dissolve the marriage on no-fault grounds. Most lawyers have boilerplate documents, which require little or no modification, if the facts of the case are clear and not complicated. Once the complaint is filed, your wife and you will each receive notice of the next available hearing date. Prior to that, the court will normally arrange a mediation hearing, where the parties get together once more and with the aid of a court appointed mediator, to try to reach a settlement. It is not necessary for attorneys to be present during a mediation conference unless there are complex issues to address. However, if one party does request that legal counsel be present, then both must attend with legal counsel. Many marriages are settled in this mediation hearing, which lasts usually less than two or three hours.

As far as leaving your wife to her own resources, the answer is of course no. This does not mean that you must continue to cohabit, but if you live separately, you will be required to provide financial support to her. Keep in mind, that unless otherwise specified in a legally binding agreement, any income which is earned while you are married is considered a marital asset and belongs to both of you. If you do not provide support, then she could petition the court to request the support, and it would be awarded to her later, anyway. How could she provide for herself and your child, with no means to earn income? Your salary is not your own to use as you wish, while married. Remember the vows you made!

I would hazard a guess that if your wife is planning to remain married until she has removed the conditions on her Green Card, that you are most likely looking at an additional 18 months or more at the very least. Can she effectively stave off the divorce and the court for that long in a no-fault state? I would think not.

One more point...USCIS will favour making a decision that the marriage was bona fide (because of your child), unless there is overwhelming evidence to refute that. If you were to "muddy" the interview, or be uncooperative, have you considered the impact this will have on your child? Do you believe that you will be awarded custody of the child?

I sense that if you think your wife has a real claim to domestic abuse, it might be best for you to separate, to mitigate the potential for any other claims, false or otherwise.

Remember, that this does not mean that you can leave her to fend for herself. She is your wife and the mother of your child. Your child needs your support, and so does she as care giver to the chid.

21 months after an alien is awarded the temporary Green Card, if still in a viable marriage, the alien and the USC petition USCIS to remove the conditional nature of the Green Card. This is the last step in acquiring permanent resident status.

If the marriage is unraveling, the USC has no obligation to jointly petition for conditions to be removed. Once divorced, the alien spouse can file a waiver on her own behalf, citing the reason she is doing so. There are a number of grounds USCIS considers for a waiver. This does not grant the alien permanent residency, but rather gives the alien an opportunity to request residency, even though he or she is no longer married to a USC.

One reason can be abuse (which she may opt for) or the other is that she married in good faith, but the marriage is terminated. The child will help her to prevail on this basis. If the 21 month mark comes up and the marriage is ending, but a divorce decree has not been issued, the alien may be given time to secure the divorce, and then opt to file solely on the basis of one of the above waivers.

Thank You SwissNut. Thanks for the Info
    What a ******* Nightmare !!!

What a Nightmare this is. I really cannot believe this can happen in the USA.

Shortly from the Beginning, I senced things were amiss. Then things started falling in place to form a pattern. At first, one does not believe, or dismisses such thoughts as things that are certainly misunderstood, Then the Pattern continues, and things start
    to make sence and then answers are needed. Its been a long Hard road. and at every turn, I get the short end of the stick.

This is simply unbelievable..... I really refuse to accept this. I know your probably "dead on" this info, There must be another way for this women to be found a
    fraud and taking advantage of an American.

Back when .. things were getting bad, She refused to work. She refuses to assist this family in anyway, Even if it means Losing the House and now living Poor.
    And I do mean Poor, I'm Broke....and living in a Very Cheap Apt.

When we had the resources to place the child in Day Care, She refused and gave me grief over it. She constantly argues over NOT working.
    Does This Women deserve a Free ride in AMERICA ????
    I Think not and she is really abusing our system.

I even Bought a car for her to work, she entertained the idea with a job for 2 week, and quit, Thats the only Job she held in Three (3) Years.
    No we no longer have a second car. It Died, And I do not have the resources to fix
    it.

She has ruined every chance at bettering our situation. And its Not getting better.
    We have no Medical, and no savings, I spend my entire retirement tring to save the house and obtaining additional training. The Job Market is terrible. But I did find low
    paying Jobs here and there , so can she if she would just help, but refuses.

She does not want to work and will try anything not to work as as you can see.
    All efforts to assist her in obtaining work fails, she refuses to work.

OK OK .. This is going no where, There is a way, and I will find a way to get her *** out.

As for Domestic violence, she has one report, a Bruised Wrist. Yes .. She grabbed me,
    I grabbed her, she kicked me, slapped me, and I stopped her by grabbing her by both wrist.
    The bruises and her lies put that account on my Record, and now, I won't even get close to her knowing her game plan. My life is being ruined.

This is just a nightmare........

Well, I think I will go to the County DA and the INS and plead my Guts out.
    Thats all I can do !!!!

Thanks for the Info Swissnuts......

Oh and by the way.

This isn't just Work related.
    When I realized what she truly was, what she truly wanted and what she was doing, it became perfectly clear. She's evil.....

This women thinks she can live free in America.

I'll be ****ed

Well, Next Stop .. The DA and the INS.....

If what you share is an accurate and unbiassed account, then I realise how you might feel. I just urge you to think of your child before making a decision one way or another. That is far more important than any immigration issue.

Believe me.....

I can love my son more, when she is not in the picture.

And I dream of that.. e.v.e.r.y s.i.n.g.l.e day !

DallasGreg2004

At last USC kicks grint's fraudulent b u t t.