Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel outside the US with I-751 Pending

Hi,

My I-751 to remove conditional resident status is currently pending. I have received my I- 797 Notice of action form which extends the conditional resident status for 1 year. Is this doucment, along with my passport (with expired stamp), good enough for re-entry into the US? I have a trip planned to the UK to see my family and want to make sure I have all the proper documentation.

Hi,

My I-751 to remove conditional resident status is currently pending. I have received my I- 797 Notice of action form which extends the conditional resident status for 1 year. Is this doucment, along with my passport (with expired stamp), good enough for re-entry into the US? I have a trip planned to the UK to see my family and want to make sure I have all the proper documentation.

your documentation is fine
    make sure you have your expired greencard and notice of action letter extending.

Be sure to update your passport when you visit. (just in case)

Hi,

Thanks for the response. What do you mean by updating my passport?

I think 4now means keep your UK passport up to date. Right?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sjh:
    Hi,

Thanks for the response. What do you mean by updating my passport? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do not listen to other advice here.

Do not travel outside the US unless you have applied and been approved for "advanced parole"

Sonny boy,

Advance Parole (that's right, it is not referred to as "advanced" ) is only necessary if one is awaiting permanent residence to be conferred. Once an LPR one can travel outside the USA with the green card and a passport from country of origin. In this case, while I-751 is pending, if the conditional green card is expired, one would need the extension letter as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    Do not listen to other advice here.

Do not travel outside the US unless you have applied and been approved for "advanced parole" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm; I misread the question. Does not need advance parole.

Go to your local CBP Deferred Inspection office or your CIS office and get a new Temporary I-551 stamp. Free of charge.

Hey sjh, did you have to apply for a visa to go to the UK, as a green card holder? If not, what country are you currently a citizen of?