50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130

This is my first time to post here. I need help from all of you.
    My father who is a permanent resident has filed I-130 petition in December 1998 for my two younger sisters from the Philippines who are over 21 and single.
    He received a notice of receipt on December 17, 1998. On that receipt, it indicated that processing will take up to 120 days. Subsequent follow up indicated that it will take up to 990 days. It is nearing its 6th year now and we still have not received any advise, information of approval or just a status of what is going on with the application.
    Here are my questions:
    1. have any of you experienced this long wait without hearing from immigration?
    2. will it help if we get an immigration lawyer to help us find out what is going on (we called the BCIS National Customer Service but we could never get to talk to a live person)
    3. what is a priority date? and when do you get this?
    Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for taking time to respond to my post.

This is my first time to post here. I need help from all of you.
    My father who is a permanent resident has filed I-130 petition in December 1998 for my two younger sisters from the Philippines who are over 21 and single.
    He received a notice of receipt on December 17, 1998. On that receipt, it indicated that processing will take up to 120 days. Subsequent follow up indicated that it will take up to 990 days. It is nearing its 6th year now and we still have not received any advise, information of approval or just a status of what is going on with the application.
    Here are my questions:
    1. have any of you experienced this long wait without hearing from immigration?
    2. will it help if we get an immigration lawyer to help us find out what is going on (we called the BCIS National Customer Service but we could never get to talk to a live person)
    Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for taking time to respond to my post.

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES
    First: Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.
    Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:
    A. Spouses and Children: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;
    B. Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older): 23% of the overall second preference limitation.
    Third: Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.
    Fourth: Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

Priority Dates for Family Based Immigrant Visas
    All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
    Family
    1st 22OCT00 22OCT00 15OCT94 15JUL90
    2A* 15OCT99 15OCT99 01APR97 15OCT99
    2B 15MAY95 15MAY95 01JAN92 15MAY95
    3rd 15OCT97 15OCT97 01MAR95 01MAR90
    4th 15JUN92 01APR91 15JUN92 15MAR82
    *NOTE: For May, 2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 01APR97. 2A numbers SUBJECT to per-country limit are available to applicants chargeable to all countries EXCEPT MEXICO with priority dates beginning 01APR97 and earlier than 15OCT99. (All 2A numbers provided for MEXICO are exempt from the per-country limit; there are no 2A numbers for MEXICO subject to per-country limit.)

source :- http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_bulletinarchives.html

so you got to wait but nothing else .... Good luck... Pasha

you will find a priority date on your notice of receipt for the I-130 applications. It is the date on which the application was received by the INS.

To Pasha Patel and Lucy,
    Thank you very much for the very informative response you gave me.
    You keep up the good work in helping others like me, understand the immigration process better.
    Take care all of you.