Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visa fee

Hi everyone!

Can anyone please tell me if do I need to pay ($260) visa applicant's fee for my husband and kids too? I have a (family based) petition as married daughter of USC and received notice from my appointed agent in US. Also how long this whole process takes place before we can enter US? I've been waiting for 13 years now since my petition was filed 1989.

Hi everyone!

Can anyone please tell me if do I need to pay ($260) visa applicant's fee for my husband and kids too? I have a (family based) petition as married daughter of USC and received notice from my appointed agent in US. Also how long this whole process takes place before we can enter US? I've been waiting for 13 years now since my petition was filed 1989.

You have to pay $ 260.00 or its local currency equivalent per applicant.if you are five, then multiply that five times.
    Note however, that you will also pay for the medical exam needed for the migration to the US.
    How long more you have to wait?
    If you have endured waiting for 13 years,the next step of processing is nothing compare to what you had agonized in the past 13 years.My best guess is 6-8 months but that laso depends on your country of origin.best of luck.

Thanks for taking time answering my question bugsy!

My country of origin is Philippines but we're in the middle east at present as contract workers. Unless we acquired visa stamp we should not give up our job as what they advised. Our concern is, we're due to sign renewal of contract in October... signing such contract means that we have to stay for another one year. You mentioned 6-8 months...so most probably we expect result by February or March. I have sent the form (DS3032) back to NVC and we're asked to pay the applicant's fee of $260.00. Is it wise not to renew our contract for another year?

Manila is notorious for backlog in processing immigrant petitions.Of course it is only you who can decide on your decision to stay for another year in the middle east.If I may,
    I see 2 scenarios here:
    1. go on with the contract for a year with a provision or perhaps persuade your employer if not open up to your employer on the impending immigration you have, i'm sure they can understand that you can resign when you get the approval of your immigrant petition.Remember nothing is final until you arrived here in the US hence the embassy tells you not to sell your proeprty blah,blah..You can also file for a leave when they call you at the embassy and remember you have six months to come in the US. So the processing time in total is still in the range of your one year contract, get it?
    2.the other option is to resign in six months but there is no assurance of the things to come and of course it would affect you financially.
    Best of luck, kabayan! Masarap talaga ang buhay dito sa Amerika!

While you are in the middle east, just continue working while your visa is in progress.

If your visa is approved, the emabssy will send you notice and papers to fill up, specify dates of preference to be interviewed and send it back and requires you for personal appearance for an interview, if you can not go, just inform the Embassy in advance for another date give your reason. However if you decide to go for an interview and your visa is approved, it does not mean that you will fly right away. You have at least six months to decide when to fly, you have to fly out of the country before the expiration of the date that is marked in your stamp when to enter the US.

I really appreciate both of you for taking time answering my question. I guess that's what I need to do right now, just wait for the notice from embassy. I might also take bugsy's advise....6 months extension would be reasonable. I just hope it won't take that much long. Again thanks.

Hi,

My father have already completed DS230 form part I and sent back to NVC with our visa fees & marriage certificate last June. How long will it take for consular interview?

Thanks.

gems

HI,
    It took for my parentsa 2 months after they submitted the Part-1 of DS-230 to receive the Part2 and the schedule for the physical and interview. They're going to send you a letter if you completed the DS-230(part 1) properly, that they send your papers in MLA for the consular processing,then wait for the further instructions from the consular office. My parents had their physical in St. Lukes and interview the week after the physical, luckily they were approved and they're waiting for thier visa now. Keep me posted.

I guess it takes for us a little longer for the upgrade from F1 to F3. Until now I'm still waiting for the Part II of DS230. Bugsy gave an estimate of 6-8 months before we receive result. Gidget, how am I going to receive Part II will it come from the consular office or NVC?

Thanks.

gems