ATTOENEY SENT HIM MAIL LAST NIGHT SAYING HE WONT REPRESENT HIM TODAY

husband filed for son before 21
    all docs were in including status adjustment
    he was denied and has gone to court 3 times
    he is in removal proceedings

where can we find a low cost lawyer
    he us due in court todaY AND HAD PAID A DEPOSIT TO HIS ATTORNEY
    ATTOENEY SENT HIM MAIL LAST NIGHT SAYING HE WONT REPRESENT HIM TODAY

I am afraid it may be too late by the time you get an snswer here..

but anyway - my best idea is to try to reschedule the hearing if possible

Why was your son denied adjustement of status?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Maybe not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I meant for today's hearing, not in general..

Hi uvrays,

Assuming for the sake of argument that what you said is entirely true and there are no justifiable reasons for your lawyer to drop you off like a hot potato, I think it's the height of irresponsibility for a lawyer to receive the deposit money and then communicate with a client the evening before the day of the hearing that he won't represent that client.
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

well here is the sequence of events.
    my husband left his country at 21
    he is now 42, when he got his green card a 21 he already had a son
    his son looks just like his other brothers and sister, as a matter of fact his son looks more like his family than my husband does
    ever since he left my country he has been going back home to visit his son, he is the only one who would visist his country just for his son, becasue all his family had migrated.
    we showed several application from 1998 where he sarted to file for his son, but the son mother did not want to send him since this is her only child, so they together decided when he graduates high school he will be ready to move up here.

therefore as soon as he graduated high school he came to live with us and we filed for him immediately

but they denied his case not that they are disputing he is his son, but that he does not have enough proof to show a lengthy relationship

Seems like you have a good complaint to the state bar association on the attorney's behavior.

WE SENT HER A CHECK OF 2000.00 AS DEPOSIT SHE CALLED AFTER 2 WEEKS SAID SHE HAD A THEFT IN HER OFFICE CHECK WAS STOLEN, WE SENT ANOTHER CHECK SHE WENT TO COURT AND ASKED FOR EXTENSION
    SHE THEN SAID SHE HAS TO REFILE HIS 1-130 AND THAT WE HAD TO PAY $1000 FOR THE FILING FEES.
    PLUS 1300.00 PLUS 300.00 FOR COURT
    WE WENT BACK TO HER AND SAID FILING FEES IS ONLY $355.00 WHY ARE U ASKING $1000.00. SHE TOLD US WELL FILE IT AND PAY ME TO COME OT COURT $300.00 AND PAY 1300.00 BALNCE WE OWED. WE AGREED . HE WENT TO COURT TODAY SHE APPEARED AND WITHDREW HERSELF AND THEN WE FOUND OUT THAT HE DID NOT HAVE TO REFILE. JUDGE SAID I NEVER ASKED TO REFILE. SO NOW HE GAVE HIM 5 MORE MONTHS GATHER ALL HIS DOCUMENTS TOLD HIM WHAT DOCUMENTS HE NEED TO SEE, AND NOW WE WASTED $355.00

GET NEW LAWYER!!!! Stay Away from the leaches. Make complaint with bar association.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
    GET NEW LAWYER!!!! Stay Away from the leaches. Make complaint with bar association. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your lawyer sounds like a crook. Get rid of her and find yourself a reputable attorney.