publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How does INS verify months spent out of USA, for CITIZENSHIP approval ? N400 6 months

Hi

How does INS know how many day you were out of the country ? ...this is regarding trips abroad being less than 6 months for Green Card Holders, when filing for Citizenship.

Do they get to know exit and entery dates from ...

1. Their own computer records ? ...which means they really know when u left USA and re-entered.

2. From the passport of the N400 applicant ?

3. From the declaration by the applicant in the N400 form ?

I have heard that INS does not have any record when a Green Card holder departs (leaves) the US on trips abroad. However they only know when you entered. IS this true ??

I have also heard from many people that they lied in their N400 application about how long they were within US during the past 5 years - declaring they never went out for over 6 months , while they actually did. The INS took their word for it and granted them Citizenship !

Any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.
    Monu.

Hi

How does INS know how many day you were out of the country ? ...this is regarding trips abroad being less than 6 months for Green Card Holders, when filing for Citizenship.

Do they get to know exit and entery dates from ...

1. Their own computer records ? ...which means they really know when u left USA and re-entered.

2. From the passport of the N400 applicant ?

3. From the declaration by the applicant in the N400 form ?

I have heard that INS does not have any record when a Green Card holder departs (leaves) the US on trips abroad. However they only know when you entered. IS this true ??

I have also heard from many people that they lied in their N400 application about how long they were within US during the past 5 years - declaring they never went out for over 6 months , while they actually did. The INS took their word for it and granted them Citizenship !

Any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.
    Monu.

You can use the same method, you suggested before

During my interview, the officer ask for only two things: 1) Green Card and 2) My passport(s), valid and expired byt previously used for travel. I don't think that during 5 minute interview, he was able to verify all my visits from four passports.

I am sure he did not feel to ask any questions as such you must have answered all questions honestly and currectly to the best of you knowledge.
    Once he pulled out your records, he will know all about you. If he had not asked you any questions about your foreign trip during 5 years required time to file for Citizenship. He already have had that information in your file.
    He do not need to ask you about, which alraedy match you records. Before your interview he must have seen your complete file with out that I dont think any Adjudication Officer will sign his name.

Do not misreprent your case to any Government Agency, "That's a Fraud"

I fully agree with you Adam. Thank you.