publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: IS IT FAIR TO DO THIS TO A CHILD ?

Hi Everyone,
    If anyone remembers me clearly, I was the one here some few weeks ago and asking whether the alleged "Child aging out protection bill" (H.R 1209) will cover all victims who fall into this category and I finally got the interpretation of the law and unfortuanately it doesn't cover all victims whose only crime is to become 21 years old or more while awaiting I.N.S snail processing. These children are punished for becoming older and their sentence is to become ineligble for many benefits (IS IT FAIR ?). A good example is the V. VISA - Spouses and children of Permanent Residents who have had a petition filed for them before DEC.21, 2000 and who have waited 3 years are entitled to V. VISA to come and live in the states. But in the cases of Children, once they turn 21, they are no longer entitled to this Visa and even if they have been issued before, as soon as they turn 21, they are immediately punished and their Visa becomes invalid. If they remain in the U.S, they'll begin to acquire unlawful presence that will make them not eligible for a green card so people who fall into this category are Automatically punished for growing older, while spouses can continue to live here. The NEW LAW - ''Child's age protection Act" recently signed by Pres. Bush was supposed to provide remedy and relief for the crime children commit by turning 21 years old (which makes them ineligible for benefits even though they had been waiting patiently just like anyone else), the law was supposed to stop the age discrimination and one will assume that was why it was called "child's age protection act" but ironically, the full interpretation of the law exempts protection to majority of the people it was designed to protect (Children who age out of immigration benefits). Children of Permanent Residents who are otherwise eligible to apply for V. visa will still be punished just like before as soon as they turn 21 because the law intentionally excluded them for reasons unknown. The law allows I.n.s to look at the age of the child, the time the application was first filed for children of U.s.c thus such children will not age out again but in the case(s) of children of permanent residents, it does not address the issue of children aging out of V visa - which is also unfair and causes undue hardship to those children on the long run. If spouses of permanent residents do not have any age restriction imposed regarding the V. VISA, it doesn't make sense for children of permanent residents to be punished for something so natural- becoming 21 while their application is pending. I think the provision in the CHILD'S AGE PROTECTION ACT LAW should have been for ALL unfortuante children whose only crime is to grow older while enduring the long and sad period of seperation from their parent. If only those that make and restrict laws know the impact of their actions on these young and innocent ones, the world would be a much better place.
    I will like to hear comments from anyone - thank you !

Hi Everyone,
    If anyone remembers me clearly, I was the one here some few weeks ago and asking whether the alleged "Child aging out protection bill" (H.R 1209) will cover all victims who fall into this category and I finally got the interpretation of the law and unfortuanately it doesn't cover all victims whose only crime is to become 21 years old or more while awaiting I.N.S snail processing. These children are punished for becoming older and their sentence is to become ineligble for many benefits (IS IT FAIR ?). A good example is the V. VISA - Spouses and children of Permanent Residents who have had a petition filed for them before DEC.21, 2000 and who have waited 3 years are entitled to V. VISA to come and live in the states. But in the cases of Children, once they turn 21, they are no longer entitled to this Visa and even if they have been issued before, as soon as they turn 21, they are immediately punished and their Visa becomes invalid. If they remain in the U.S, they'll begin to acquire unlawful presence that will make them not eligible for a green card so people who fall into this category are Automatically punished for growing older, while spouses can continue to live here. The NEW LAW - ''Child's age protection Act" recently signed by Pres. Bush was supposed to provide remedy and relief for the crime children commit by turning 21 years old (which makes them ineligible for benefits even though they had been waiting patiently just like anyone else), the law was supposed to stop the age discrimination and one will assume that was why it was called "child's age protection act" but ironically, the full interpretation of the law exempts protection to majority of the people it was designed to protect (Children who age out of immigration benefits). Children of Permanent Residents who are otherwise eligible to apply for V. visa will still be punished just like before as soon as they turn 21 because the law intentionally excluded them for reasons unknown. The law allows I.n.s to look at the age of the child, the time the application was first filed for children of U.s.c thus such children will not age out again but in the case(s) of children of permanent residents, it does not address the issue of children aging out of V visa - which is also unfair and causes undue hardship to those children on the long run. If spouses of permanent residents do not have any age restriction imposed regarding the V. VISA, it doesn't make sense for children of permanent residents to be punished for something so natural- becoming 21 while their application is pending. I think the provision in the CHILD'S AGE PROTECTION ACT LAW should have been for ALL unfortuante children whose only crime is to grow older while enduring the long and sad period of seperation from their parent. If only those that make and restrict laws know the impact of their actions on these young and innocent ones, the world would be a much better place.
    I will like to hear comments from anyone - thank you !

Stop whining you idiot!
    Congress has enacted legislation that will benefit a large, large, number of people.
    If you do not like it, LEAVE!

I can see you're a member of the K.K.K who has just discovered another tool for discrimination- immigration. Its so unfortunate that at this present age you're still so ignorant, maybe you need to travel out oneday and see how the world has become a global village and how we are more connected like never before, maybe then u'll grow up.

suck my wiener, schnitzel!

C'mon man calm down trajan. You are acting like an idiot. People on this board come here for peace of mind. You give Americans worldwide a bad name. Don't worry 4all this idiot has probably never had a life threatning problem before. Dad probably bailed him out of everything. Stupid ***.