free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: AOS Medical

Its a two part questions.

- Is mandatory to have AOS medical done from the location where the AOS application would be filed. I am currently away from my home and would love to have the opportunity to get my medical done where I am right now. It will save me some travel.
    - How long does it take for the medical to complete as INS has included tests like TB skin test in the process now.

Mo probably you are going through the same thoughts and would like to shed some light on that.
    Thanks

Its a two part questions.

- Is mandatory to have AOS medical done from the location where the AOS application would be filed. I am currently away from my home and would love to have the opportunity to get my medical done where I am right now. It will save me some travel.
    - How long does it take for the medical to complete as INS has included tests like TB skin test in the process now.

Mo probably you are going through the same thoughts and would like to shed some light on that.
    Thanks

I am not sure about the first part of your question about the location of the med exam.
    But I can tell you that it would need to be done by a surgeon general.
    My husband had to get about 5 vaccinations because the doctor did not read German and from start to finish it took nearly two weeks to get all of the results.
    Oh, and I don't know if all surgeon generals operate in this manner, but ours refused to accept health insurance so we had to file the claim for the vaccinations afterward.
    Good luck!

And P.S....no matter what you do, do NOT open the sealed envelope before the interview.

No, it doesn't matter where its performed, but it must be performed by a surgeon general.
    It generally a good idea to choose one close to your permanent domicile though, in case there're discrepancy/problem in your exam result.

Also, if you need vaccinations, its probably will be much cheaper to do in one run by the local country/town, rather than in a doctor's office.