50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Very Expired TN1: Please Help!

I would appreciate any advice regarding the following case: For the past 14 months I have overlooked renewing my TN1 visa, though having remained in the US and with the same employer for whom I was granted said visa. I know that this is a problem and would very much like to know what my options are. Can I just quietly reapply for a new TN1 despite the lapse? Is there another visa I can apply for? I will be very grateful to anyone who can shed some light on just how problematic my situation is. Thank you in advance for your time.

I would appreciate any advice regarding the following case: For the past 14 months I have overlooked renewing my TN1 visa, though having remained in the US and with the same employer for whom I was granted said visa. I know that this is a problem and would very much like to know what my options are. Can I just quietly reapply for a new TN1 despite the lapse? Is there another visa I can apply for? I will be very grateful to anyone who can shed some light on just how problematic my situation is. Thank you in advance for your time.

I would suggest you to leave the country and reapply at the border. If you try to renew it inside us there is a possibility they found out that you are out of status and at the same time you are not eligible for any kind of visa. If you can secretly leave the country( well I`m not sure if they check your visa while you trying to reenter canada) you may be granted. Check with the lawyer also !!!

Hey Giles - just wondering what you did. You can just go back to the border - you don't even have to cross - just flip a u-ie. Re - submit your documents - pay your $60 bucks and you are good!!! (Been there done that). You can also go for AOS - if your emplyer supports you and you have the education. As a Canadian you can be here for six months w/ no visa and then go back and then come over for another six months. Hope this helps - I know more about our situation soyou can ask if you want.

For everyone that needs help in Immigration feel free to call (212) 289-4680 we will gladly answer any questions and concerns you may have...