50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I290b

Us citizen sent in i130 for mum but was told that birth cert not good enough to prove relationship. Asked for more evidence but time expired before the evidence arrived from hm country.

Now have to send in I290b that the previous evidence of relationship is good enough. Has anyone had this experience? I think they just want the $585.00

What really happens after the fact. How does one convince one that this is my mum, If it was dad, would understand....lmao!!

Us citizen sent in i130 for mum but was told that birth cert not good enough to prove relationship. Asked for more evidence but time expired before the evidence arrived from hm country.

Now have to send in I290b that the previous evidence of relationship is good enough. Has anyone had this experience? I think they just want the $585.00

What really happens after the fact. How does one convince one that this is my mum, If it was dad, would understand....lmao!!

It's very seldom that a USC child's relationship to an alien parent is being RFE'd if clear and duly certified birth certificates of you both have been attached with the I-130 initial filing. The CIS Officer had the reason to have such a doubt, not the relationship probably, but the proof of relationship. Why do you want to appeal? Just refile, it's much cheaper.