50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Update

Well, It's finally arrived. My rescheduled I-751 interview date is for December 10, at 8:30 am in Charlotte. Four days before I'm legally allowed to file for divorce. It's hard to believe it's been a whole year (almost). Anyway, my interview letter had been mailed to my old address but postal service forwarded it. Thankfully. Anyone know of any decent but inexpensive motels right near the new office in Charlotte? I'm thinking of going the day before so my grandbaby isn't too cranky at the interview. Also, I truly am not sure what to bring to the interview since there is no spouse to bring. I guess I just have to leave it in the hands of the officer interviewing me and hope he/she had a good nights sleep

Well, It's finally arrived. My rescheduled I-751 interview date is for December 10, at 8:30 am in Charlotte. Four days before I'm legally allowed to file for divorce. It's hard to believe it's been a whole year (almost). Anyway, my interview letter had been mailed to my old address but postal service forwarded it. Thankfully. Anyone know of any decent but inexpensive motels right near the new office in Charlotte? I'm thinking of going the day before so my grandbaby isn't too cranky at the interview. Also, I truly am not sure what to bring to the interview since there is no spouse to bring. I guess I just have to leave it in the hands of the officer interviewing me and hope he/she had a good nights sleep

Do you mean you are going to a joint I-751 interview without a spouse and without a divorce decree?I recall you had the case of a husband who went AWOL and so on.

While you may FILE for divorce, it takes 60-90 days in North Carolina to receive the divorce decree, which seems unlikely you may have it when you go for the interview.

By the way Ircocoxy, when did you file your I-751?

ircroxy:

Thanks for always coming back to ILW and keep us informed about your case. I strongly suggest you to file for divorce as soon as you are eligible by law, so at least you could show the officer something that your divorce is taking place but has not been finalized and they might at their discretion grant you another extension.

JD,
    Did you receive anything after the change of address confirmation?

Hi Again, John Doe, yes, I am going to the interview without a spouse or divorce. I really don't have a choice in the matter. It was already rescheduled once, and I am not about to lie about the date of seperation just to get the divorce sooner, this failure is not my doing, but I must deal with it in the best way I can and go with what I have to go with, or without. Yes, my spouse went AWOL. We filed our joint I-751 with a notice date of 01/21/2003. I went for an extension on 03/30/04.

Aguila
    Thank you, I try to get in at least once a week since moving, although this dial up does not permit it always
    Yes, I'll file as soon as the law allows me to, unfortuneatly that time is 4 days after the interview, so I hope the officer is kind enough to grant me another extension so I can get past this. I'm not counting on anything either way, but am really really hoping

Injoy, no I did not receive anything. I also phoned the 800 number *and* the senator I had working on my file said she would fax charlotte as well. Either way, I got the letter. I cannot find anywhere on the mail to not forward it.

Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.
    ircroxy

ircroxy:

You wrote on your original message that you were eligible to file for divorce 4 days BEFORE the interview. Anyway if in actuality is 4 days AFTER... at least have the paperwork ready so you could show it to the officer.

I will have you on my prayers.

Good luck and keep us informed!

when I moved, I sent in a letter to TSC, and got nothing.

Only when I called the 1800 number did TSC send me a letter to confirm they have my new address.