50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 212(a) or 212(c)

My H1B was filed in 1999 october onwards. It was rejected or blocked. I got visitor visa for travel to US with my wife and two kids and travelled there in June end 2000. This was our second visit. The first being in 1999 when I stayed there for 3 weeks and wife and kids for 2 months. We were stopped by the immigration officers in June 2000 during our second visit. Me and my wife were sent to correction center for 5 days till the time our OPEN tickets to return home were confirmed by the airlines. The children were able to stay with their grandparents during these 5 days. We were NOT BARRED for re-entry for any period while being sent back from US.We were allowed to withdraw our visa application under 212(a) or 212(c), which I am not exactly sure now. Our children were able to travel to their grandparents in June 2005 on their own. My wife and I have not even tried for the US Visa since then. My wife and kids now want to travel to US for 10-15 days in June 2007 for a marriage in the family. Is it advisable for my wife to try and get US Visa. Will she be sent to correction center again on landing in US? She has travelled in 2006 to Germany for 8 days, UK for 11 days and Italy for 3 days. Does it help her in any way for entering US? I do not have any plans to try to travel to US because I am too scared of being put into the correction center again

My H1B was filed in 1999 october onwards. It was rejected or blocked. I got visitor visa for travel to US with my wife and two kids and travelled there in June end 2000. This was our second visit. The first being in 1999 when I stayed there for 3 weeks and wife and kids for 2 months. We were stopped by the immigration officers in June 2000 during our second visit. Me and my wife were sent to correction center for 5 days till the time our OPEN tickets to return home were confirmed by the airlines. The children were able to stay with their grandparents during these 5 days. We were NOT BARRED for re-entry for any period while being sent back from US.We were allowed to withdraw our visa application under 212(a) or 212(c), which I am not exactly sure now. Our children were able to travel to their grandparents in June 2005 on their own. My wife and I have not even tried for the US Visa since then. My wife and kids now want to travel to US for 10-15 days in June 2007 for a marriage in the family. Is it advisable for my wife to try and get US Visa. Will she be sent to correction center again on landing in US? She has travelled in 2006 to Germany for 8 days, UK for 11 days and Italy for 3 days. Does it help her in any way for entering US? I do not have any plans to try to travel to US because I am too scared of being put into the correction center again