publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Conference in Malaysia, will I need a H1-B Stamp to come back?

Hello,

I am supposed to leave next week to Malaysia to give a conference, but I currently only have a F1-OPT visa, my H1-b has been approved (I-797A form) and starts today but I don't have a stamp. I will need a stamp to come back to the US right?

What is the best solution for me knowing I am leaving next week and I am supposed to stay there for 1 week?
    Will I really need to get a stamp in Malaysia, and will it be possible in such short notice?

Thanks!

Hello,

I am supposed to leave next week to Malaysia to give a conference, but I currently only have a F1-OPT visa, my H1-b has been approved (I-797A form) and starts today but I don't have a stamp. I will need a stamp to come back to the US right?

What is the best solution for me knowing I am leaving next week and I am supposed to stay there for 1 week?
    Will I really need to get a stamp in Malaysia, and will it be possible in such short notice?

Thanks!

Yes, your F-1 is no longer valid once you started the H-1B work.

And, by the way, visas are no longer stamped in passports. They are made from an adhesive paper and are affixed to the passport.

Obviously the H-1bs are not the best of the best.

Someone12
    "the cheapest and the most desperate..." that would describe the majority of H1B applicants and visa holders....and this same 'best of the best' (ha!) will beg our embassy to be placed at the head of line in front of all those who made their plans in a responsible manner....

There are some things you can't plan. I learned only last week that I had to go there.

The problem I have now is that I can't pay the visa fee because I need to pay in person to a bank in Malaysia. I am afraid to go there and be stuck until I get my stamp.. Any suggestions? My company can write a letter saying I have to go there for business but I don't know if it will be enough.

If you need to go to the conference, you can obtain a visa in KP at the American Embassy. It might take a couple of days, but since your H-1B Form I-797 is current and valid there should be no problems.

Another option is using an American consulate or embassy in Mexico or Canada before you leave for KP.