50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: NYC CIS EXPEDITING STATUS ADJ.

CIS OFFICE IN NEW YORK IS NOWPEDITING AOS UNDER NEW PILOT PROGRAM AND THEY HOPE TOCALL APPLICANTS FOR INTERVIWS WITHIN 90 DAYS .LEGAL ADVISE FROM PROF. ALLAN WERNICK MAY BE THAT FOR THOSE FALKS WITH 1 OR 2 YEARS OF WAITING TIMES AHEAD IT MAY BE BETTER TO REAPPLY IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR PILOT PROGRAM AND SAFE SEVERAL MONTHS .IS THERE ANY SENS TO REFILE AN APPLICATION FOR ADJ OF STATUS IF THE LAST ONE IS PENDING SINCE 04/2003 ,SO ACCORDING TO NYC TIMELINE IS STILL 9-11 MONTHS TO GO ? ANY IDEA

CIS OFFICE IN NEW YORK IS NOWPEDITING AOS UNDER NEW PILOT PROGRAM AND THEY HOPE TOCALL APPLICANTS FOR INTERVIWS WITHIN 90 DAYS .LEGAL ADVISE FROM PROF. ALLAN WERNICK MAY BE THAT FOR THOSE FALKS WITH 1 OR 2 YEARS OF WAITING TIMES AHEAD IT MAY BE BETTER TO REAPPLY IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR PILOT PROGRAM AND SAFE SEVERAL MONTHS .IS THERE ANY SENS TO REFILE AN APPLICATION FOR ADJ OF STATUS IF THE LAST ONE IS PENDING SINCE 04/2003 ,SO ACCORDING TO NYC TIMELINE IS STILL 9-11 MONTHS TO GO ? ANY IDEA

I think your caps lock key is stuck.

Here's the text of the article.

http://www.nydailynews.com/10-28-200...p-211365c.html

CIS expediting status adjustments

Immigration

News note: The Citizenship and Immigration Service office in New York is now expediting adjustment of status applications for the husbands and wives of U.S. citizens.

Under this pilot program, CIS hopes to call applicants for interviews and decide their cases in 90 days. To qualify for adjustment of status, you must have either been inspected at entry - if you sneaked into the U.S., you don't qualify - or you must have filed a petition or labor certification by April 30, 2001.

If you have already filed and you think your case might get decided faster if you file a new application, you may do so.

However, refiled cases may take longer than other cases because the CIS will need to find your previously filed application before deciding the new one.

Let me translate for REMY for those of you that can't read block caps.

The USCIS office in New York is now expediting AOS under the new pilot program. They hope to call applicants for interviews within 90 days. Legal advice from Prof Allan Wernick suggests that it may be better for those folks who can expect a waiting time of 1 or 2 years ahead of them to reapply in order to qualify for the pilot program and save several months.

Is there any sense to refile an application for adjustment of status if the last one is pending since 04/2003, a 9-11 month wait left according to the NYC processing dates. Any idea?

If it was me, I would reapply. You have 9-11 months still remaining and the pilot program will adjudicate you in 90 days. To me, it's a no-brainer.

Sphy

I would not apply fresh because if I have waited over a year I would try to get permanent card instead of conditional one.

The type of card you receive is not based on how long you waited. All that matters is how long you have been married at the time the adjustment is granted. Sure, your chances increase of getting the 10-yr card the longer you wait but I'd rather have the 2-yr card than no card.