publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How to withdraw and refile I-485 (employment based)?

My EB2 I-485 was filed with critical mistakes in it and I just found this out. I'd like to withdraw it ASAP and refile it. What kind of paperwork do I need to submit? Do I have to wait until INS confirms the withdrawal before I can file the new I-485? Help, Please. Thank you for any suggestions....

My EB2 I-485 was filed with critical mistakes in it and I just found this out. I'd like to withdraw it ASAP and refile it. What kind of paperwork do I need to submit? Do I have to wait until INS confirms the withdrawal before I can file the new I-485? Help, Please. Thank you for any suggestions....

Wait for INS to send you the case number so you can use it to track or withdraw your case.There are thousands and thousands of mail everyday and there is no way for them to find it without the case number.Did you attached the corresponding fee for I-485 ? If you try to refile rembember you have to pay again the necessary fee.best of luck!

I do have the case #, I don't mind pay the fee again, just want to get it right. Could you give me more info on exactly what I need to do? Simply write a letter, or is there a form? Thanks a lot

Since you have the case number, then you can or whoever is doing the filing should write a letter to INS telling them that you are withdrawing the case.But it would be best if you can ask a lawyer on this as i am not quite familiar on the implication of this thing when you refile. are self-petitioning or thru company ?best of luck!