free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: OVERSTAYED TOURIST VISA

Hello,

I have overstayed my 10 year B2 visa and now I need to go back to my origin country. Is there any way I can try and enter US again claiming that I have left on time but have no proof of it. My 10 year B2 has not expired yet.

Hello,

I have overstayed my 10 year B2 visa and now I need to go back to my origin country. Is there any way I can try and enter US again claiming that I have left on time but have no proof of it. My 10 year B2 has not expired yet.

As soon as you overstay, your Visa is cancelled.

Whether you can return to America depends on the length of time that you have overstayed. If you have overstayed for more than 180 days, you are inadmissible for a period of three years. Should your overstay extend beyond 365 days, you will not be allowed to return for ten years.

Just as an aside: does anyone ever honor the terms of their visa anymore?

How many days / months have u overstayed ?

if its just a few , a medical condition can be good excuse for delay.

I've been reading these posts about overstay and I have to say something. I left the States last year to avoid an overstay, even if my husband is an USC. I have't overstayed my visa at all. I was there on a J1 visa and I have the 2-year foreign residence requirement. Imagine how hard it is for me and my husband to live apart from each other. He came to stay with me for 6 months, his dad is very sick, it's not easy for him at all to cross the ocean and leave everything behind, but we did the right thing, we didn't break the rules and we're waiting now for another year to pass.
    I live in a country where rules are broken every day and people seem to think it's allright to do that. I like to think that this might change, maybe in a million years.
    There's no excuse for breaking the immigration rules when there are still foreigners that respect them.

Well said, So_Confused. And everyone wonders why Americans and legal immigrants are sooo upset at illegals.