50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Dual Green Card petitions??

I would like ot know if I can get sponsored by family and employer at the same time.

My father can sponsor me and my employer wants to as well. Can they both start the process? I figure this way in case either one gets messed up (ie I get laid off, company goes out of business, father leaves the country etc..) I have a backup and don't have to start from scratch.

I am unammried, my father is GC and I am on an H1B currently.

Is this scenario possible?

I would like ot know if I can get sponsored by family and employer at the same time.

My father can sponsor me and my employer wants to as well. Can they both start the process? I figure this way in case either one gets messed up (ie I get laid off, company goes out of business, father leaves the country etc..) I have a backup and don't have to start from scratch.

I am unammried, my father is GC and I am on an H1B currently.

Is this scenario possible?

Actually I m not sure about this one ... but I guess you cant do 2 different application for GC at the same time ... coz they do ask in form if you have filled any application for GC prior to this current one .... But if I m wrong someone else will correct here ... Good luck ... Pasha

You can have several applications for Green Card pending simultaneously. Not only it is legal but it is advisable due to lenghty delays by USCIS and possible changes in sponsorship (loss of job, death of family sponsor, etc.). In addition, you can have several applications pending in the same class (i.e. family or employment), as well as you can participate in visa lottery.

I would never have two petitions run concurrently; each time you put in different applications, move or do something not right by the book, it only complicates and delays things. I would go with the employement based petition at this time and have your father naturalize (I don't think he can sponsor an adult child if he's "only" a GC holder).

His naturalization would take 1-2 yrs. and if you have problems by then with your employer (as many seem to have to get their LPR status) also try the diversity lottery if your nationality or home country qualifies.

What is your current status?
    How long your father has been GC holder?

Pasha Patel and anothe post is correct.

OK I have been given some f-ed up info here and makes me question whether anyone really has any clue.

1st. A GC can sponsor an adult child as long as he/she is over 21 and unmarried.

2nd naturalization takes 1-2 years? Really? Try more like you have to be a permanent resident for 5 years before you can become a citizen.

3rd I talked to someone at the bcis and they said you can have 100 concurrent applications if you so schoose. Then when 1 of them goes through, you withdraw the others. The only thing that gets messy is if you move or something like that, you have to fill out 100 separate change of address forms.

4th saying try the diversity lottery is like saying if I am broke, it's OK..just play the lottery and you'll get money. What are the odds for the diversity lottery, something like 1 in 10,000? Besides thanks to the stupididty of the US government, I am from an unqualified country - Canada. Yeah we need 10 million uneducated Mexcians in the USA, but God forbid allowing a few thousand Canadians with college degrees.

That is all.

Originally posted by Eddie D:
    OK I have been given some f-ed up info here and makes me question whether anyone really has any clue.

1st. A GC can sponsor an adult child as long as he/she is over 21 and unmarried.

USC can sponsor unmarried children under 21 that comes under first priority I meant current dates ... for them visa are available ... I guess GC holder can do the same but they will have to wait for their dates to be current ... this one if I correctly remember once Umesh Pasi told ... so again u got to wait ...

2nd naturalization takes 1-2 years? Really? Try more like you have to be a permanent resident for 5 years before you can become a citizen.

No surprise here ... yes it could take up to 1 year after u file application for NATZ ... there is no wonder here ... it depends upon service center and individual case...

3rd I talked to someone at the bcis and they said you can have 100 concurrent applications if you so schoose. Then when 1 of them goes through, you withdraw the others. The only thing that gets messy is if you move or something like that, you have to fill out 100 separate change of address forms.

I m not sure about this ... people tell different things so whom to believe ... I don't know...

4th saying try the diversity lottery is like saying if I am broke, it's OK..just play the lottery and you'll get money. What are the odds for the diversity lottery, something like 1 in 10,000? Besides thanks to the stupididty of the US government, I am from an unqualified country - Canada. Yeah we need 10 million uneducated Mexcians in the USA, but God forbid allowing a few thousand Canadians with college degrees.

DV lottery is not ur case so no use ...

Good luck ... Pasha

That is all.