free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Question regarding AOS form

Hi,

My mother qualifies to adjust her status under 245(i), based on an approved petition that was filed on her behalf back in 1993. Her priority is coming up soon, and right now she's filling out all the necessary forms. A question on one of the forms is: "Were you inspected by a US immigration officer?" Are they referring to the kind of immigration officer that you would encounter at the airport, if you traveled to the US legally? Which is what my mother did. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

My mother qualifies to adjust her status under 245(i), based on an approved petition that was filed on her behalf back in 1993. Her priority is coming up soon, and right now she's filling out all the necessary forms. A question on one of the forms is: "Were you inspected by a US immigration officer?" Are they referring to the kind of immigration officer that you would encounter at the airport, if you traveled to the US legally? Which is what my mother did. Thanks in advance for your help.

Just checking to see if my question had been answered. If anyone can give me an answer, I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Yes, inspection at POE by an immigration officer is what constitutes as legal entry to US.

Hi Blu

I just want to know - what advantages did your mother see in getting an AOS done.
    My application under F4 will also soon get current - so do you think its faster to get the green card by getting an AOS done?
    I may be going to USA (and I think I will get a tourist visa as I have been there in 2003, 1984 and 1980) and since my sone is on a student visa, and will also get the GC with me as he is below 21 years, my plan was to apply for an AOS.
    Also if I take the GC in India my son will still have to apply for an AOS - now under the same application we cannot partly take the GC in India and AOS for the child in USA.... so what should we do?