free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMMIGRATION HELP

i have a friend who fell in love with my younger brother. she saw his pictures longtime ago even before i came into the country.also she is a part of my family despite the fact that she cant travel due to her paying child support.she try to get internation passport but was denied due to her child support,becouse of this she could not travel.she is in love with my younger brother for 6 years they have been communicating with each other now she is living with me in my 3bedroom aprtment after she lost her house to forclosure.my brother tell me to asist her and she is living in one of my room and she is doing great now and the closeness between her and my brother and family back home now become very cordial.
    she wont to file for him to come over and we saw he lawyer who said it is possible for them to be together.;the lawyer said they need to file a waiver for hardship and after thast she can file a fiancee visa.i wan to know if that is possible please let me know bcos it is gona cost $1,500.00 dollars for lawyer fee.please let me know if it isposssible? i will appreciate your advise.thanks

i have a friend who fell in love with my younger brother. she saw his pictures longtime ago even before i came into the country.also she is a part of my family despite the fact that she cant travel due to her paying child support.she try to get internation passport but was denied due to her child support,becouse of this she could not travel.she is in love with my younger brother for 6 years they have been communicating with each other now she is living with me in my 3bedroom aprtment after she lost her house to forclosure.my brother tell me to asist her and she is living in one of my room and she is doing great now and the closeness between her and my brother and family back home now become very cordial.
    she wont to file for him to come over and we saw he lawyer who said it is possible for them to be together.;the lawyer said they need to file a waiver for hardship and after thast she can file a fiancee visa.i wan to know if that is possible please let me know bcos it is gona cost $1,500.00 dollars for lawyer fee.please let me know if it isposssible? i will appreciate your advise.thanks

I think we're missing some information- why does she have to file a waiver for hardship?

the lawyer said becouse she cant travel to see him.as a result of the issue of child support.that mean it difficult for her

Still not understanding. If your friend is a US Citizen and she wants to bring her fiance to the US to marry, why does she need a hardship waiver?

Clearly the country where she lives will not issue her a passport while she has child support obligations.

Harrison,

You dont mention of anyone in this "drama" is a USC.

It seems to me that the girl is the USC and your brother is a foreigner that lives abroad. If she wants to marry him, he can apply for a fiance visa K-1, but they need to meet in person (which seems they have not).

She can not apply for a waiver based on her financial problems. As far as I know, owing child support doesnt prevent you from getting a passport.

The fact that she is in financial ruin, without custody of her son, and in love with a picture (they havent met, right?), has red flags all over.

First things first. They need to meet in person.

Technically, you can get a waiver of the meeting in person requirement for the K1- one of which is a "hardship waiver"- proving that the requirement to meet the fiance would create a hardship for the USC petitioner.

What Harrison asked now makes sense.

Your friend may have a good "hardship" argument in that she can't actually travel outside the country b/c of child support problems.

$1500 doesn't seem too expensive to do a K-1 visa with a hardship waiver.

My friend is a usc and she try to apply for an internation passport so that she can be with my brother but they did not give her the passport the send her a letter that she cant get the passport as a result of her owing a child support.i believe the harship waiver is possible.though she also have an health issue but she is ok now cus he has a terible car accident.As a result of this she lost her balance.i just wana thank mrs.mani you really gave me thr right answer to my question.

- the requirement for K-1 is "meeting in person", which does not mean USC has to do the traveling.

Any reason why your brother can't come for a visit?

I say $1.500 will not be enough. It seams that there are many potential problems...

She should move to her own place asap! And, yes owing child suport will also be an issue...