free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal immigrant marriage to US citizen

Hi, I have some questions I need answered. My boyfriend and I plan to get married after I finish college. He is from Mexico and is in the states illegally. I would like to know what we need to do in order to be married, what steps we can take to make this easier (if anything), what problems we may face, and any other information on the topic anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I have some questions I need answered. My boyfriend and I plan to get married after I finish college. He is from Mexico and is in the states illegally. I would like to know what we need to do in order to be married, what steps we can take to make this easier (if anything), what problems we may face, and any other information on the topic anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Also, he would like to get a ss# so that he can pay taxes and things such as that. Any ideas for this area?

I would appreciate any input anyone has, I am a little discouraged to see so many people viewing my question and not responding. If you have the same type of problem, I would like it if you would respond as well just so I can get your perspective and story. Thank you all!

OK first off I went thru the same situation and now because my husband was here illegally the marriage is considered fraud the best thing for you to do is go to his country and get married and bring him back as your husband or you can let him go back to Mexico and then you can file for a fiance VISA just means you have to marry within 90 days. If you choose to get married here and stay here then as soon as you get married you need to file I-130 which takes forever and he will not get a social anytime soon sorry for the bad news but if I could go back I would of just went to his country and got married and brought him back thats the best way.

Thank you for the information. It may not be the best news but at least now I have some information to go on. We are waiting until I graduate and that is in spring of 2007 so do think he could stay here until it gets closer to time for the wedding? We literally have only spent a total of 4 days apart since we started dating. PS- how are things with your husband now? Is everything ok?

yeah well while he is here I would seek a lawyer and try to get your boyfriend legal.

My husband is sitting in jail right now for not showing up for an interview that he didnt know if he didnt show he would be barred for 10 years from the US so he is sitting in jail getting ready to be deported but I am pregnant so I am going to move to his country and file the 212 form to waive the bar. We will be back in about a year. Immigration is not the easiest thing to go thru thats why I say to seek a lawyer and get your boyfriend legal before you marry you have plenty of time.

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this and while you are pregnant. Do you know what we have to do to get him legal? I am so clueless about laws and such.

well if the us doesnt know that he is here illegally i would get him to leave and just come back legally its not hard for Mexican citizens to get in this country if you dont want him to leave I would seek a lawyer free consultation just to see what your options are

You don't know how good it feels just to tell someone about this, no one aroung me knows because I am to scared to tell anyone. Thank you so much, with out your advice I wouldn't know anything. I will be praying for you and your family. And if you happen to think of anything else I will be checking this all the time!! Thank you.