50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Minority leader haryy reid should be fired

My sources are now telling me that the republicans werent the only one upset at harry reid refusal to let amendments that would have been easily voted down but democrats were also very disappointed with harry reid for one reason and one reason only, THEY HAD THE VOTES TO BLOCK ALL THOSE FILUBUSTER-AMENDMENTS OFFERES BY KYL AND THE OTHER ANTI IMMIGRATION SENATORS.

As a minority leader, it is reid's job to know those information and at first i gave him the beneficial of the doubt that he felt that he did not have the votes to kill those bad amendments, but now, im hearing that it was known by everyone on the floor that those amendments would have been easily beaten down, but reid seem like it was determine to kill the entire thing...i just will not accept that and democrats like kenedy tried hard to convince him to allow the democrats to vote, but he refused..shame on reid, and the democrats should get a new leader..let senator barrack obama lead the democrats in the senate, i just dont trust harry reid anyone, as a democrats.

--------------------------------

Mr. McCain and Mr. Kennedy said they had the votes to defeat those proposals and protect the underlying bill.

Republicans also criticized the Democratic leadership as insisting on assurances that members of the Judiciary Committee would serve as negotiators with the House over a final bill before the Senate even gave initial approval to the measure.

Mr. Reid and his allies said they objected to the amendments because they saw them as an effort to derail the compromise with a back-door filibuster. And they said they wanted guarantees on negotiations with the House because the Senate had been bullied by Representative F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., Republican of Wisconsin and the Judiciary Committee chairman, in recent talks and they wanted to avoid a repeat occurrence.

Mr. Reid said the major problem, however, was that Mr. Frist had shaken hands on the bipartisan compromise and then was unable to quiet Republican critics who were trying to gum up the works.

"I reached out to Bill Frist, but his position on this matter simply defies logic," said Mr. Reid, who denied he was trying to kill the measure for political gain. "He needed the courage to move forward."

Angry over the Democratic refusal to consider amendments, Republicans easily defeated an effort to end debate on the bipartisan proposal, 60 to 38, 22 votes short of the 60 required. Democrats then blocked the effort to end debate on a Republican measure that focused on border controls and law enforcement on a 62-to-36 vote.

-----------------------------------\\

My sources are now telling me that the republicans werent the only one upset at harry reid refusal to let amendments that would have been easily voted down but democrats were also very disappointed with harry reid for one reason and one reason only, THEY HAD THE VOTES TO BLOCK ALL THOSE FILUBUSTER-AMENDMENTS OFFERES BY KYL AND THE OTHER ANTI IMMIGRATION SENATORS.

As a minority leader, it is reid's job to know those information and at first i gave him the beneficial of the doubt that he felt that he did not have the votes to kill those bad amendments, but now, im hearing that it was known by everyone on the floor that those amendments would have been easily beaten down, but reid seem like it was determine to kill the entire thing...i just will not accept that and democrats like kenedy tried hard to convince him to allow the democrats to vote, but he refused..shame on reid, and the democrats should get a new leader..let senator barrack obama lead the democrats in the senate, i just dont trust harry reid anyone, as a democrats.

--------------------------------

Mr. McCain and Mr. Kennedy said they had the votes to defeat those proposals and protect the underlying bill.

Republicans also criticized the Democratic leadership as insisting on assurances that members of the Judiciary Committee would serve as negotiators with the House over a final bill before the Senate even gave initial approval to the measure.

Mr. Reid and his allies said they objected to the amendments because they saw them as an effort to derail the compromise with a back-door filibuster. And they said they wanted guarantees on negotiations with the House because the Senate had been bullied by Representative F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., Republican of Wisconsin and the Judiciary Committee chairman, in recent talks and they wanted to avoid a repeat occurrence.

Mr. Reid said the major problem, however, was that Mr. Frist had shaken hands on the bipartisan compromise and then was unable to quiet Republican critics who were trying to gum up the works.

"I reached out to Bill Frist, but his position on this matter simply defies logic," said Mr. Reid, who denied he was trying to kill the measure for political gain. "He needed the courage to move forward."

Angry over the Democratic refusal to consider amendments, Republicans easily defeated an effort to end debate on the bipartisan proposal, 60 to 38, 22 votes short of the 60 required. Democrats then blocked the effort to end debate on a Republican measure that focused on border controls and law enforcement on a 62-to-36 vote.

-----------------------------------\\

The Democrats don't want any immigration bill to pass this year because they want to use H.R. 4437 against the Republicans during the elections. That's why the Democrats in the House voted down Sensenbrenners amendment that would have reduced illegal status and aiding an illegal from a felony to a misdemeanor. They wanted to H.R. 4437 to be as punitive as possible to make the Republicans look draconian. Even Sen. Kennedy came out and said that politics got in the way and killed the bill. He wasn't too happy with Sen. Reid.

Reid also is demanding that the Senate Judiciary Committee members be selected as bill managers if the bill goes to Conference with the House in order to prevent the House conferees from gutting the bill. I don't think Frist is going to let Reid dictate the process. Frist is running for President and can't look like a *****.

Even if they get back to work on immigration, I don't see Reid letting this issue go so close to the elections. It will be the same B.S. we've been seing. Remember, the Democrats' main objective is to gain control of the House and or Senate in 2007.