50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-400 total days outside of US

Just quickly: I am filing for naturalization. All my papers are fine but there is one question on the form I do not know how to answer. This question is total trips outside of the USA.

I am driving a truck in and out Canada and therefore the number of trips in last 4 months is quite high. Well, most of them are trips less than 24 hours (I go from Detroit to Toronto and back) but how would you say I should specify this?

Thank you!
    さん,γŒγ‚“γ°γ‚Œ!

Just quickly: I am filing for naturalization. All my papers are fine but there is one question on the form I do not know how to answer. This question is total trips outside of the USA.

I am driving a truck in and out Canada and therefore the number of trips in last 4 months is quite high. Well, most of them are trips less than 24 hours (I go from Detroit to Toronto and back) but how would you say I should specify this?

Thank you!
    さん,γŒγ‚“γ°γ‚Œ!

Hi Iperson!
    Well, to be honest, it was quite rough. I went through some bad times and ... I even did not have an online access for some time. Well, we can talk about it later I suppose

Yes, I would like to stick around - if I may. I simply was too depressed and too busy lately
    さん,γŒγ‚“γ°γ‚Œ!

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    If you don't know/remember the exact number of trips taken outside the US then just give/write the best figure to the best of your knowledge. Either way it won't negatively affact your application because your trips were less than 24 hours. That means the continueous residency requirement won't be questioned in your case to determine your eligibility for the naturalization.

You may also choose to attach/submit an explanation (the truth or whatever you have said here) on this matter on a separate piece of paper along with your application so that USCIS would know what is the situation.

Btw, the form for naturalization is N-400 and not I-400 as you have mentioned on your subject line. I think it was a typographical mistake on your part.

Good luck...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Honey:

Thank you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SAMMY:
    If you don't know/remember the exact number of trips taken outside the US then just give/write the best figure to the best of your knowledge. Either way it won't negatively affact your application because your trips were less than 24 hours. That means the continueous residency requirement won't be questioned in your case to determine your eligibility for the naturalization.

You may also choose to attach/submit an explanation (the truth or whatever you have said here) on this matter on a separate piece of paper along with your application so that USCIS would know what is the situation.

Btw, the form for naturalization is N-400 and not I-400 as you have mentioned on your subject line. I think it was a typographical mistake on your part.

Good luck...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Honey:

Thank you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>\

THANKS!!!! Now Thats What I Am Talkin About Sammy!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Sammy,

Thank you! I was thinking of doing something like that; I believe I can request the exact trip logs from my company and attach it to my petition. This might me the most accurate solution. Or just attach a copy of my paychecks where all those trips are listed too plus the statement that the majority of trips were less than 24 hours (delivery & pickup) or just around 24h. Just thinking out loud here ...

I do not have an electronic transponder on my truck yet, e.g. CBP most likely does not have that accurate data anyways linked w/me.

Thank you soooo much anyways!
    さん,γŒγ‚“γ°γ‚Œ!

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson: PM me if you want to do this together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awwww...."doing it" together...Must be fun, I guess...

Sammy .... you are something (well, my husband says this to me all the time).

Sure, Iperson, I will PM you soon (when I have internet access). Now I am in Canada and there are only a few HotSpots . ... for a poor trucker .

Will try tonight, if I make it back to the US (nice icy-snowy weather, very funny).
    さん,γŒγ‚“γ°γ‚Œ!

Answer the question truthfully and accurately to the best of your ability. You may need extra sheets of paper.