50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Arrest for driving without a license

In the situation where someone was arrested for driving without a license but the charges were thrown out by the judge. What is the effect on that person's deportability chances. She spent two nights in jail after the arrest. This was in FLorida. She had a license from her native country when she was driving but for some reason the cop still arrested her, hence the charges were thrown out. At that time she was here on a tourist visa, and she wants to adjust now through her USC husband.

In the situation where someone was arrested for driving without a license but the charges were thrown out by the judge. What is the effect on that person's deportability chances. She spent two nights in jail after the arrest. This was in FLorida. She had a license from her native country when she was driving but for some reason the cop still arrested her, hence the charges were thrown out. At that time she was here on a tourist visa, and she wants to adjust now through her USC husband.

2 nights in jail??

damn they're tough out there. Sure there wasn't more to that story?

Arrest means nothing. Only if she's GUILTY does it mean anything. And only drug, felony, etc. type charges get you deported.

I got a no DL ticket few months ago. Was on my way to the gym in my gym clothes, and left my wallet at home. I just got a ticket, showed up in court, flashed my DL and out of there in 10 minutes. She must've done something else to get 2 nights in jail. Marijuana perhaps? Warrant?

-= nav =-

It depends upon different state's laws ... but usually if person is on visitor visa and has valid drivers license from his country... he/she can drive here for max 6 months ...