Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i entered with a Fake passport

Hi:

First i just wanna let you know that i would appreciate it if someone can help me with my questions.

This is my case

I entered to usa with someone else visa at age of 18(1997).

My sister (resident back then, never told how we entered to the country) filed an application with my real name for
    adjustment but it was denied. I assume that INS thought that we entered crossing the border from mexico.

In 1999 she became US citizen and I was adopted because both of my parents pasted away
    when I was 14 and have no family or relatives in my country but my case was
    denied again.

During this past 8 years I attented to High School (graduated) and college ( 1
    semester only), then just worked.

Never been arrested or committed any crime except for 2 tickets for driving
    without license.

My Case was denied twice but never received a deportation order even though
    immigration was aware of my status.

================================================

I know that some people would say that because I commited a crime by using false documents to enter to USA I should be punished and so far i would say that I am being punished already.

First i guess my only crime was to be an orphan at age of 14 and not having relatves in my home country.

My sister back in 1996 went to my country to try to bring us ( me and my two younger sisters) legaly but our case was denied, then because of my situation we were force to use false documents.

As you can see, it was not my intetion to violate the law by any means and I know we did wrong but we did not have other chance.

I say that we were force because my two young sisters were living in a orphanatory and I was with a friend of my parents.

Now I say that i m being punish because all this years i had to live with the fear of getting caught by the police for not hacing a driver license. Seen the fact that because of my situatin I can't continue my studies and not being able to have a certain future.

it is really hard to wake up every morning knowing that i m nothing but a shadow in this society, not being able to have a normal life.

I m not trying to get anybody to feel bad for me its just i wanted to express myself why I did what I did back in 1997.

Now I like to know what are my chances if i go to the ISN and I tell them that i entered with a false documents but since the first day I always used my real identity until now.

Probably I 'm just better off by not telling them how i entered and tell them that i entered crossing the border .... maybe ..

But my intetions are to tell the truth from the beggining and not to make the sme mistake twice.

In case I do not have any options to adjust my status probably I should just wait until they pass a LAW that could help me........ but .... I can;t wait until 2025...

i'm even thinking about turn myself in and to plea in fron of a judge.

I wish someone can help with some info

thanks

Hi:

First i just wanna let you know that i would appreciate it if someone can help me with my questions.

This is my case

I entered to usa with someone else visa at age of 18(1997).

My sister (resident back then, never told how we entered to the country) filed an application with my real name for
    adjustment but it was denied. I assume that INS thought that we entered crossing the border from mexico.

In 1999 she became US citizen and I was adopted because both of my parents pasted away
    when I was 14 and have no family or relatives in my country but my case was
    denied again.

During this past 8 years I attented to High School (graduated) and college ( 1
    semester only), then just worked.

Never been arrested or committed any crime except for 2 tickets for driving
    without license.

My Case was denied twice but never received a deportation order even though
    immigration was aware of my status.

================================================

I know that some people would say that because I commited a crime by using false documents to enter to USA I should be punished and so far i would say that I am being punished already.

First i guess my only crime was to be an orphan at age of 14 and not having relatves in my home country.

My sister back in 1996 went to my country to try to bring us ( me and my two younger sisters) legaly but our case was denied, then because of my situation we were force to use false documents.

As you can see, it was not my intetion to violate the law by any means and I know we did wrong but we did not have other chance.

I say that we were force because my two young sisters were living in a orphanatory and I was with a friend of my parents.

Now I say that i m being punish because all this years i had to live with the fear of getting caught by the police for not hacing a driver license. Seen the fact that because of my situatin I can't continue my studies and not being able to have a certain future.

it is really hard to wake up every morning knowing that i m nothing but a shadow in this society, not being able to have a normal life.

I m not trying to get anybody to feel bad for me its just i wanted to express myself why I did what I did back in 1997.

Now I like to know what are my chances if i go to the ISN and I tell them that i entered with a false documents but since the first day I always used my real identity until now.

Probably I 'm just better off by not telling them how i entered and tell them that i entered crossing the border .... maybe ..

But my intetions are to tell the truth from the beggining and not to make the sme mistake twice.

In case I do not have any options to adjust my status probably I should just wait until they pass a LAW that could help me........ but .... I can;t wait until 2025...

i'm even thinking about turn myself in and to plea in fron of a judge.

I wish someone can help with some info

thanks

I must say that stories such as yours inflame the anger against all kind of immigrants, because you help to create the stereotyped image of "currently illegal immigrant = criminal".

I personally do not support the idea of granting any kind of leniency to people who committed a crime of using false identity document to enter US, and DHS stand on it concurs with my opinion.

In 1997 you were 18 - which makes you responsible for wilful commence of crime (using false passport to enter US).

It is in no way comparable to entering US with valid document and then overstaying for whatever reason, and it is worse than entering without inspection.

You committed a crime of material misrepresentation to Government employee at POE.
    Unless you can prove that you were a bona fide refugee at the time and it is unexcusable.

If you need more feedback, you may visit www.immigration.com and respective forum

IE

Actually, entering with fake documents and a fake passport or visa disguising your identity could be considered an EWI. Best case scenario, you'd still be guilty of misrepresenting a material fact at the POE and this makes you inadmissible. There's waivers available but they do not do you any good. If you want to add to the mess, your sister could be held as an accessory to your crime if she knew about or suggested the course of action you took, rendering her citizenship illegally procured if she didn't inform the CIS about her actions during her interview. We could add more to this but I think you already have enough to worry about.
    You should consider legal representation to help you with the very narrow avenues for relief you have left.

Actually, entering with fake documents and a fake passport or visa disguising your identity could be considered an EWI.
    Incorrect.
    Entering with fake documets is a serious crime, much more serious than EWI.

not incorrect, I said "COULD" not "IS". Entering with a false claim of citizenship with out without fake documentation is the same as EWI. (Reid).

This guy entered with false passport.
    Not mere claim of USC without benefit, but material misrepresentation of fact=document to Border Officer to gain entry to US.
    That is a SERIOUS CRIME.

Entering under such circumstances COULD NOT be considered the same as EWI.

You were incorrect.

He said he entered with someone else's visa, didn't claim citizenship.

In Reid the courts considered a similar case of an alien with no valid visa, no passport, who entered claiming to be a USC. The courts decided that was an EWI. Same applied to an alien who entered with a fake BC claiming to be a citizen. This guy, if he used a false passport with a fake name and visa "COULD" be charged as an EWI because he wasn't inspected, somebody else was (the true owner of such passport, if any). He could also be charged with fraud (on top of the EWI penalties). It all depends on how the particular judge decides to look at the issue.