free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-751 timelines - guesses?

I know it's impossible to make completely accurate predictions about this, it depends on so many things, etc.
    But still, can anyone give me a rough estimate about this:
    My receipt for the i-751 is June 2003, at the Vermont Svc Ctr. They are now processing December 1, 2002, going at a pace of about one month's worth of applications to one month of processing times (April 8 is December 1, 2002, March 10 was November 1, 2002, etc.). Let's say they keep this pace up, they should get to June 2003 around October of this year.
    Now, what happens after that? Approximately how much time does it take for me to hear something? How much time to hear I have an interview? How much time to hear if I just get my 10 yr card? Anyone have experience with this? Is it unreasonable to think I could have my unconditional card by Christmas?
    Please share whatever you know about this. thanks

I know it's impossible to make completely accurate predictions about this, it depends on so many things, etc.
    But still, can anyone give me a rough estimate about this:
    My receipt for the i-751 is June 2003, at the Vermont Svc Ctr. They are now processing December 1, 2002, going at a pace of about one month's worth of applications to one month of processing times (April 8 is December 1, 2002, March 10 was November 1, 2002, etc.). Let's say they keep this pace up, they should get to June 2003 around October of this year.
    Now, what happens after that? Approximately how much time does it take for me to hear something? How much time to hear I have an interview? How much time to hear if I just get my 10 yr card? Anyone have experience with this? Is it unreasonable to think I could have my unconditional card by Christmas?
    Please share whatever you know about this. thanks

There is no way to now. I guess that you have to make estimates as you go and as they update their processing times. VSC was stuck on I-751's of December of 2001 for a very long time, then they jump to March of 02, and from there on until last month were advancing by one month. Last month they jumped from July 02 to November 02, and now it seems that they are going to go by one month again.. but you never know, I hope they never get stuck for months and months...as they did before.

If they process your case at VSC they might send it for further action at the local office, sometimes the local office still approves you without interview or they might call you for an interview, once the file is transfer to the local office another timeline starts that there is no way for us the public to know where they at.

You will get your gc one or two months after the decision in your case.

It does not seem unreasonable to have your cased decided in December, but as I said, you never know

thanks aguila
    I think you and I have somewhat similar situations, from what I recall from your posts. I'm dying to get my unconditional card because the second I have that in my hand I am filing for divorce. I've wanted a divorce for almost three years now, and this is the only thing keeping me (technically) with my wife, since for all practical purposes it is over (I posted before about my situation on this board, but we've both moved on and are only staying married until I can get that **** card).

bluetee,

If they call you up for an interview will she go with you!?

Michael
    Nah; there's no fraud in the I-751 process is there !

Michael:

The fact that his wife is doing the moral thing to do by helping him get his green card, does not mean at all that they did not have a bona fide marriage!

I'm hoping so. She has said for the last year or so that she would go no matter what happens, but we had some big problems lately and she is threatening to sue me for divorce first (though I don't think she really will). That's why I really want this process to be over as quickly as possible (not to mention so we can both be free of each other for good). Hopefully I can convince her to do one this one last thing for me, after all we have been through.

Having your marriage fall apart is not fraud, by the way, Michael. And insulting someone for going through something terribly painful, like a broken marriage, is pretty low. I'm breaking no laws by what I am doing. In fact, I am (and have been for years) going through a very miserable time specifically so I do not break any laws, and I don't appreciate your comments.

bluetee,

My wife always promised to help me through the process, but then started with the threats of the divorce, I did not take her seriously but she actually did file for divorce, and even in the nastiest way possible, by filing on the ground of extreme mental cruelty. Don't be to hook up in her promises...try to start gathering the most evidence and proof about your marriage.

Thanks aguila. I appreciate your advice and it'sg ood to know I'm not totally alone.
    I'm working on gathering evidence - you're right, she could do anything. The trouble is that Ijust don't have that much evidence. We got married extremely young (I was still a teenager) in a quick ceremony that costs $90 (no dress/tuxedo, no pictures, no friends or family, we thought we were being so alternative and cool and so anti-mainstream...), have no kids, no property together (we own basically nothing), no insurance together, and we've moved several times so we have almost no mutual friends. But there's no more or less evidence than there was when they approved my card and at my interview before, so I guess that means what we had was adequate, right? We have filed our taxes together for the last 4 years and this year, have pictures of us with the other's family, letters to each other, tickets from visiting family at holidays, things like that. The things I wish I had known through this whole process...I had no idea my life would turn out like this.