50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Perm and plan to married

My company is sponsor me for the GC. They just posted the ads for my PERM labor certification.
    I planned to married my fianze but he is out of status(expired I94). After we get married can he apply with me for the GC?
    Is there any problem of when I get married? They told me that the best time in before to present the I140.
    My other question is after apply for the i485, will he be able to have a working permit? or he have to wait for the Ammnesty?
    Thanks

My company is sponsor me for the GC. They just posted the ads for my PERM labor certification.
    I planned to married my fianze but he is out of status(expired I94). After we get married can he apply with me for the GC?
    Is there any problem of when I get married? They told me that the best time in before to present the I140.
    My other question is after apply for the i485, will he be able to have a working permit? or he have to wait for the Ammnesty?
    Thanks

No, he can't apply with you for a green card. In fact, you really can't do anything for him in regard to his illegal status until you become a citizen. At this point, it looks like any amnesty will be a long time coming.

(I'm not a lawyer.)

Short story for you kari, my friend's brother got married to his fiancee and they were both processed to get a green card at the same time. However, that worked in his case and may or may not work for you. Either way, like Aliba said, if you get the green card and you get married after the green card has been processed or if one of you is a permanent resident and the other is not, the spouse that is not a permanent resident cannot adjust his/her status until the one who is a PR becomes a citizen. Good luck

As for amnesty... im just gonna say dont hold your breath.