free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 filed in 2000, still no news. Do we need lawyer? HELP

Hi, can anyone give me their opinion?

To make a long story short, my husband filed I-751 in JUly 2000 to TSC. We double, triple checked everything was filled out correctly and we enclosed all proof if not more!

TSC said we were sent to Atlanta in Oct 2000. Last year in July we went to Atlanta to have his passport stamped for another year while we wait and wait and wait.

The Congressman and the State Senate do not help. We contacted both, several times. All they do is mail me a generic statement they got back from INS saying if a file is sent to Atlanta there was probably something missing, or it could just be a backlog. It was NOT specific to our case, its a general answer they use to all inquiries.

Do you think if we hired a lawyer , they have a liasian that could find out more information? I would pay if I knew they could get answers, but its a lot of money to lose if they can only give general info like the Congressman and Senate.

Last year when we went in person to Atlanta, they would not help us find what was wrong. We are going at the end of July to have his passport stamped again, and I will try again to see if they will tell us why we are there or when the interview will be.

I want to scream!

Is it worth it for us to hire a lawyer to help?

Thanks

Hi, can anyone give me their opinion?

To make a long story short, my husband filed I-751 in JUly 2000 to TSC. We double, triple checked everything was filled out correctly and we enclosed all proof if not more!

TSC said we were sent to Atlanta in Oct 2000. Last year in July we went to Atlanta to have his passport stamped for another year while we wait and wait and wait.

The Congressman and the State Senate do not help. We contacted both, several times. All they do is mail me a generic statement they got back from INS saying if a file is sent to Atlanta there was probably something missing, or it could just be a backlog. It was NOT specific to our case, its a general answer they use to all inquiries.

Do you think if we hired a lawyer , they have a liasian that could find out more information? I would pay if I knew they could get answers, but its a lot of money to lose if they can only give general info like the Congressman and Senate.

Last year when we went in person to Atlanta, they would not help us find what was wrong. We are going at the end of July to have his passport stamped again, and I will try again to see if they will tell us why we are there or when the interview will be.

I want to scream!

Is it worth it for us to hire a lawyer to help?

Thanks

I believe your I-751 is ovewrdue as the current TSC processing time shows 3/02.Although TSC is notoriously slow, your idea of hiring a lawyer to help you is good.Normally, AILA lalwyers have liason officer and this might help you trace this paper of yours.

have you tried going to your local ins office to have them check your file number on their computer? Often it is already approved, but the approval never reached you. Definitely get an AILA lawyer to go through their liaison to find it.....

HI! Thanks for the replies.

I just got back from Atlanta INS today and they said they are moving I-751 files from one room to another and will be a few weeks till they can find anyone's file. THey told us to come back in a few weeks. Arggg. Its a big deal when we go to Atlanta. THey act like we live just down the block. We drive hours to get there, take off work, kennel dogs, pay for hotel and line up like cattle at 4:30am!