publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: married by wanted american..more questions...

Hallo everyone! I already posted my case here couple days ago and I got 2 interesting answers. Thank you very much for it. I would like to ask you some more questions, but let me tell you my "story" again,for thouse, who didn't read my previos one, with hope that you can give me some advance.
    I came to america 3 years ago for cultural exange and I extended and change my visa for 2 1/2 years...When I was about to going home I meet my husbend...We got a married 2 monts ago but than about a mont ago my husbend rubbed a store with gun and I didn't hear from him since that..now he is wanted by police....
    My situacion is very difficul, because I didn't alrady have legal status before we got a married and we still didn't send my green card paperwork to the immigration. It's difficult do that now, because my husband need a fill out and sign a forms, like I-864, thre rest of the them G-325, I-693 and I-765 I fillet out already. Do I acsually need fill out I-864, if is preety ovious, that he can't be my sponsor any more, or do I have to find a new sponsor before I'll sen it to the INS?... But if police will find him, he'll go to the jall and he is not going to be able to go to the intervew with me as well...I love my husbend and yes I'm mad at him for what he did but I wish i can see him at least from the jall, but I'm no able to suppord myself, because I don't have even a work permit. I can't leave a country, because, I woudnt be able to come back for 10 years..what can I do? Can I get a green card in situacion like mine? And if yes, how long if may take it?
    Thank you very much for your and advance. I really appreciate your time, I feel very dissapointed and despread, but I believe in happy end...
    Thank you

Hallo everyone! I already posted my case here couple days ago and I got 2 interesting answers. Thank you very much for it. I would like to ask you some more questions, but let me tell you my "story" again,for thouse, who didn't read my previos one, with hope that you can give me some advance.
    I came to america 3 years ago for cultural exange and I extended and change my visa for 2 1/2 years...When I was about to going home I meet my husbend...We got a married 2 monts ago but than about a mont ago my husbend rubbed a store with gun and I didn't hear from him since that..now he is wanted by police....
    My situacion is very difficul, because I didn't alrady have legal status before we got a married and we still didn't send my green card paperwork to the immigration. It's difficult do that now, because my husband need a fill out and sign a forms, like I-864, thre rest of the them G-325, I-693 and I-765 I fillet out already. Do I acsually need fill out I-864, if is preety ovious, that he can't be my sponsor any more, or do I have to find a new sponsor before I'll sen it to the INS?... But if police will find him, he'll go to the jall and he is not going to be able to go to the intervew with me as well...I love my husbend and yes I'm mad at him for what he did but I wish i can see him at least from the jall, but I'm no able to suppord myself, because I don't have even a work permit. I can't leave a country, because, I woudnt be able to come back for 10 years..what can I do? Can I get a green card in situacion like mine? And if yes, how long if may take it?
    Thank you very much for your and advance. I really appreciate your time, I feel very dissapointed and despread, but I believe in happy end...
    Thank you

Your husband has to be your sponsor.

On the assumption that he makes his living from illegal pastimes, you would also need a co-sponsor to meet the poverty guide lines.

Don't take this as legal advice, but you should be very concerned with his situation. Remember that the District Attorney has the authority to produce an indictment under conspiracy law, this alone would terminate any possibilities for you to obtain any benefit if followed by a conviction, even on a single count. Why? Because since he will be in jail sooner or later, he will be separated from you and proving extreme hardship for an inmate is nothing short of a miracle. A conviction for conspiracy or accessory is a CIMT if the underlying offense is a CIMT. The categorical analysis is not going to provide a way out for you because these statutes are simple and on their faces involve moral turpitude. The element of fraud, or intend to defraud, is an element of most of these offenses.
    Act carefully and cooperate with the authorities as much as you can and to the best of your capabilities. Make sure you're informed as to what's going on with his case and the investigation.
    Resolve his situation first and then you can worry about your immigration status.
    Again, this is just my opinion, if you need help or professional advice consult with an attorney.

It can be ok for you to file but you have to meet the requirements needed. But on the other hand if your husband would be arrested that will be a different issue. Be prepared for anything. Do his work? DO you still live with him? Are the cops looking for him?

What some fail to see is that for her to file she would need the husband to sign some forms. If she does not disclose immediately where the husband is, because obviously she would know, she could be charged with a number of crimes, complicated the situation quite a bit.
    Again, an attorney would help her understand her position and take the appropriate steps.

Your husband has to be around to sign the forms, he also has to be there for the interview, he is the main sponsor, if he serves his time and commes out of jail you can still file for you INS will not care if he was in jail it is just you will be out of status, then that puts you in a bind seek professional help.