Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I 751 - SOME NOOB QUESTIONS

Elo,

Here are some noob questions about the I751 process, and I would love to get a response and some help.

1. I751 - If I process my I751 - do I need to redo Biometrics if I had them done when I started this process?

2. How long will the next Green Card be valid for?

3. Do I have to Naturalise or can I stay a Permanent Resident (I dont really want to lose my British Citizenship, and Ive been told that if you Naturalise you cant have Dual Nationality if your a US passport holder, however Britain will still recognise me as a citizen.

4. If I file online how do I get all the supporting evidence to the right place?

5. Does the affidavit have a form/specific layout or can it be notarised and drawn up in a simple statement?

6. Can Family members such as the In Laws make the affidavit or a Priest?

7. Any other tips or help you would reccommend.

Any help would be good on the above questions.

Thankyou.

Elo,

Here are some noob questions about the I751 process, and I would love to get a response and some help.

1. I751 - If I process my I751 - do I need to redo Biometrics if I had them done when I started this process?

3. Do I have to Naturalise or can I stay a Permanent Resident (I dont really want to lose my British Citizenship, and Ive been told that if you Naturalise you cant have Dual Nationality if your a US passport holder, however Britain will still recognise me as a citizen.

4. If I file online how do I get all the supporting evidence to the right place?

5. Does the affidavit have a form/specific layout or can it be notarised and drawn up in a simple statement?

Thankyou.

Here is some information regarding your 3rd question: (You don't have to naturalize, but you will have many more privileges as a citizen than as a green card holder).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...al_citizenship

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) neither defines dual citizenship nor takes a position for it or against it. There has been no prohibition against dual citizenship, but some provisions of the INA and earlier U.S. nationality laws were designed to reduce situations in which dual citizenship exists. Although naturalizing citizens are required to undertake an oath renouncing previous allegiances, the oath has never been enforced to require the actual termination of original citizenship.[11]

Although the U.S. Government does not endorse dual citizenship as a matter of policy, it recognizes the existence of dual citizenship and completely tolerates the maintenance of multiple citizenship by U.S. citizens. In the past, claims of other countries on dual-national U.S. citizens sometimes placed them in situations where their obligations to one country were in conflict with the laws of the other. However, as fewer countries require military service and most base other obligations, such as the payment of taxes, on residence and not citizenship, these conflicts have become less frequent. As a result, there has been a dramatic increase in recent years in the number of people who maintain U.S. citizenship in other countries.

Any more offers of information that may help?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CarpeDiem:
    Elo,

Thankyou. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes , there's still a fee for Biometric
    the next Green Card is valid for 10 years

This link might help: there's an instruction in pdf files:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Thankyou Speed - that visajourney helps answer lots.

However I still dont understand why they need to do Biometrics twice? I thought the idea of Biometrics was that the information held cant be changed - ie fingerprints or eye scans and the such.

Im not sure why they require it twice either.
    Some members might explain that to you.

About the affidavit .. you can have as many
    from friends, priest, neighbors or relatives
    the more the better.

Yes, they need to notarized it.

there's a lot of sample on the web that you can find... you can always search.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/I-751_support.doc