free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: my wife changed

Dear Sirs,

I would like to know what to do now, I am married since almost years with an american citizen. first she put me in many difficult situation with the immigration due to her drinking and irresponsiblity. and my papers are still not done. now i have to change the status again ( I came on K3 visa) one year ago to realize that she completely changed to be worse in drinking and irresponsiblity. she is hanging around with people have worse infuluence on her ( have drinking issues and DUIs)
    every time I try to adivce her she just scream and yell in my face. also she does not want to have children and this is my dream to have children.

I really want to know my immigration status in case I leave her. she is very abusive and distant and I have the hard time to communicate with her. I heard something among friends about filing divorce without losing the immigration status. It is very critical now because I was in a position to change the status (I485) and she already kept it for more than 4 monthes now without doing anything. so what should I do. does any one went through that before? does anyone have an idea about the kind of papers or files which should be filed in such situations? or I should just give up on my case with the immigration.

I am willing to get any help from anybody who can. thanks
    MR. BLUE

Dear Sirs,

I would like to know what to do now, I am married since almost years with an american citizen. first she put me in many difficult situation with the immigration due to her drinking and irresponsiblity. and my papers are still not done. now i have to change the status again ( I came on K3 visa) one year ago to realize that she completely changed to be worse in drinking and irresponsiblity. she is hanging around with people have worse infuluence on her ( have drinking issues and DUIs)
    every time I try to adivce her she just scream and yell in my face. also she does not want to have children and this is my dream to have children.

I really want to know my immigration status in case I leave her. she is very abusive and distant and I have the hard time to communicate with her. I heard something among friends about filing divorce without losing the immigration status. It is very critical now because I was in a position to change the status (I485) and she already kept it for more than 4 monthes now without doing anything. so what should I do. does any one went through that before? does anyone have an idea about the kind of papers or files which should be filed in such situations? or I should just give up on my case with the immigration.

I am willing to get any help from anybody who can. thanks
    MR. BLUE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MR.BLUE:
    Dear Sirs,

I am willing to get any help from anybody who can. thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Location Are you Originally from???
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MR.BLUE:
    Dear Sirs,

Hi Mr. Blue,

How many years have you been married? Long enough to have the conditions removed?

What brought you together in the first place? How did you meet? Were you aware she had a problem when you married her?

For the Benefit of This "IMMIGRATION RELATED BOARD"! more detail please, Don't be shy! Noone knows You! DETAILS!!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Yes Extreme!

Mine Has UV Tracking!!! severe Circumstances call for severe methods!!! Invisible permanent Ink, only visible with black/Blue light. All info necessary To relocate with daddy If situation warrants???? . Crazy extreme! That Is Some lives!

Then Of Coarse communication with Those With Enhanced perception Here and elsewhere. Deaf, Blind, Etc. OHHHH yes! They Are around!!! and Very capable!!!! . Gotta spread and share!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Pre-marital vows.

1 year after marriage when the spell wears off

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, no disrespect to the OP, but this is hilarious!!!!!!!!!

I got the similar situation as you before. a couple of years are not good enough to know a person, and as you said, people do change, especially when the environment changes.

However, to my best knowledge, as K3 visa, after one year, you should have filed 1-485 and/or I-130 first? did you get the temporary card? please tell more if it is ok with you.

My personal opinion: It's not easy to love somebody. Try more before you give up.

If I-485 was not approved and you guys have to divorce, then you need to go back to your own country. One year is not too bad, you still can restart in your country, but make sure with the INS that you are legally left and there is no restraints for you to go back to the US to travel or what.

If I-485 was approved, then the story is different.

How many Versions of a story can you imagine? The world needs compromise.

Dear Sirs,

Mr. Blue,
    it appears you have not gone through the adjustment of status, I-485, yet. Unfortunately, you are in a catch 22. If you divorce, you will need to go back to your home country. If you go through the I-485, she and only she, would would file for I-485 unless you have another qualifying relative in the US that is a USC.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre