free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Second time I ask my interview to be rescheduled

Hi everybody.

I filed my marriage based AOS (with a fiance visa) in June 2003 at the New York office. They schedule an interview for July 2004. I ask them to postpone the interview and to transfer my file to Norfolk since my husband and I were moving. Besides that, my hubby was going to be in Georgia for training since he is a federal law enforcement officer. I also told them he was going to be in training for about 8 months. I attached the proper documentation proving the moving and the training (just for the first months though).

Right now I am in Washington, where my hubby is still in training (his training is in different States). Yesterday I received another interview notiifcation (our mail is being forwarded here). My new interview is today. I was desperate since we were not being able to make it. I call INS and ask for a second reschedule. The customer service rep said he will inform Norfolk office about my situation. He asked when we will be available. I said in May 2005. That is just a couple weeks after our second anniversary so I dont know if they will take it as if I am playing with their system.

Does anyone have a similar situation? Two reschedules? Does INS take into consideration federal employees (or military personal) that have to travel for work for long periods of time? I am traveling with him and I guess that certainly proves we have a bona fide marriage (we do). Comments will be appreciated.

Hi everybody.

I filed my marriage based AOS (with a fiance visa) in June 2003 at the New York office. They schedule an interview for July 2004. I ask them to postpone the interview and to transfer my file to Norfolk since my husband and I were moving. Besides that, my hubby was going to be in Georgia for training since he is a federal law enforcement officer. I also told them he was going to be in training for about 8 months. I attached the proper documentation proving the moving and the training (just for the first months though).

Right now I am in Washington, where my hubby is still in training (his training is in different States). Yesterday I received another interview notiifcation (our mail is being forwarded here). My new interview is today. I was desperate since we were not being able to make it. I call INS and ask for a second reschedule. The customer service rep said he will inform Norfolk office about my situation. He asked when we will be available. I said in May 2005. That is just a couple weeks after our second anniversary so I dont know if they will take it as if I am playing with their system.

Does anyone have a similar situation? Two reschedules? Does INS take into consideration federal employees (or military personal) that have to travel for work for long periods of time? I am traveling with him and I guess that certainly proves we have a bona fide marriage (we do). Comments will be appreciated.

you should be fine. See what they say.

Cayita,
    There is no such thing "play with their system" you either can or cannot.

I would really recommend that you do your best to go to the interview and get things done ASAP, if your file gets lost somewhere, you'll have a hard time pleasing them to find your file and schedule for an interview, and sometimes it takes years to do that.

Good luck

At least now I know my file arrived "safely" to Norfolk. Even though I asked for the transfer on July, I never got an answer in writting. A couple months ago I filed for my EAD renewal and an INS officer told me on the phone that my file was indeed in Norfolk.

I am thinking about writting them a letter explaining my situation and attaching documents proving my hubby and I are not in our home now. I told this things to the customer service rep but I guess a written document will be better anyway.

I just hope the Norfolk office accepts my request of an interview in May. We will be back home by the end of February but my hubby has some more training on March and April and those dates have not been set yet.